Ewolucja struktury ofert na wtórnym rynku mieszkaniowym w Poznaniu w latach 2007-2012
Evolution of the Offer Structure on the Secondary Housing Market in Poznań in the Period 2007-2012
Languages of publication
Housing market develops in keeping with economic situation. In this paper the author seeks to explain the market mechanisms observable in the crisis period, and Poznań local housing market serves as an example. Studying housing offers on the secondary market in Poznań in the crisis period led the author to the conclusion that it was subject to numerous and diverse changes. The main motive behind flat purchase was price, while other factors played less significant role in the decision process. However, considering the changeability of conditions, the offer structure analysis cannot deliver satisfactory and unambiguous results if basic analytical tools are used. Housing market in crisis should be studied with the use of more advanced and sophisticated research tools. It is distinctive of the housing market hit by crisis that there is a significant supply surplus. Thus observing the evolution and tendencies within housing offers is an important issue. However, it seems to be much more interesting to find answers to the following questions: How do customers act in such a situation? What are their preferences? How do they evaluate offers and choose the flats? These essential sociological issues demand proper tools and research techniques. The author believes that this housing research direction is most legitimate from socioeconomic practice perspective. The results of such qualitative studies supervised by the author in the years 2011-2012 proved the usefulness of this more proper (yet more timeconsuming) research approach within local housing market analysis [Housing needs of the local housing market and ways of their satisfaction, 2012]
- Gawron H.: Potrzeby mieszkaniowe klientów na lokalnym rynku nieruchomości mieszkaniowych i sposoby ich zaspokajania. Katedra Inwestycji i Nieruchomości UE w Poznaniu, Poznań 2012.
- Housing markets nad the global financial crisis. Ed. F. Ray, Y. Ngai-Ming. Northampton, Cheltenham 2011.
- Housing needs of the local housing market and ways of their satisfaction (research report). Katedra Inwestycji i Nieruchomości UE w Poznaniu, Poznań 2012.
- Mayer A.: Teorie und Politik des Wohnungmarktes. Drucker und Humboldt, Berlin 1998.
- Microeconomic models of housing markets. Ed. K. Stahl. Springer, Berlin 1985.
- Rosen K.T.: Seasonal cycles in the housing market. MIT Press, Cambridge 1979.
- Wohnungmarktsimulationsmodelle. Hrsg. P. Schacht. Bundesminister für Raumordnung, Bauwesen und Stadtbau, Bonn 1981.
Publication order reference