Individualization and Differentiation for Achieving Educational Progress in Children in Kindergarten
Languages of publication
The publication outlines the importance of individualization and differentiation when selecting and developing educational content, as well as when planning the goals of pedagogical interactions in the kindergarten. The results of a study involving experimental and control groups of 3–4- and 6–7 year-old children are presented; they indicate greater improvement in the progress of children in the group where an individual and differentiated approach had been systematically applied to all pupils.
- Căprioară D. & Frunză V., Differentiation and Individualization in the Organization of the Teaching-Learning Activities in Mathematics. In: Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, Vol. 93, 2013, pp. 2063–2067.
- Decree № 4 for Early Childhood Education and Preparation of Children for the Primary School, (2000; updated 2005) [Online] Available at: <http://www.minedu.government.bg/opencms/export/sites/mon/left_menu/documents/process/nrdb_4-00_preduchilishtno_obr.pdf> [Accessed on 01/08/2015].
- Engel S. and Randall K., How Teachers Respond to Children’s Inquiry. In: American Educational Research Journal, Vol. 46, No. 1, 2009, pp. 183–202.
- Engels-Kritidis R., Детето в света на пословиците и поговорките. [Child in the Allegory World of Proverbs and Sayings.] Sora 2012.
- Kratochvilova J. & Havel J., Application of Individualization and Differentiation in Czech Primary Schools – One of the Characteristic Features of Inclusion. In: Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, Vol. 93, 2013, pp. 1521–1525.
- Kuznetsova E. & Regnier J. C., Individualization of Educational Process According to C. Freinet: a Pilot Experiment in a Group of Language Learners. In: Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences, Vol. 154, 2014, pp. 87–91.
- Mircheva I., Отворено обучение. Диференциация в обучението в началното училище. [Open Education. Differentiation in Primary School Education.] Sora 2013.
- Roussinova E., D. Gyurov, M. Baeva, V. Gyurova et al., Програма за възпитание на детето отдве- до седемгодишна възраст. [Program for the Education of the Child from 2 to 7 Years of Age.] Sora 2013.
- Tomlinson C.A., The Differentiated Classroom: Responding to the Needs of All Learners, 2nd Edition. Alexandria, VA, USA 2014.
Publication order reference