The cyber-insurance market in Poland and determinants of its development from the insurance broker’s perspective
Languages of publication
The aim of the paper is to analyze the state of the cyber-insurance market in Poland, and additionally the identification of key determinants of its development, including such issues as cyber-risk perception and the insurability of cyber-risk. Due to the lack of comprehensive, cross-industry insurance data on cyber-insurance, I decided to collect raw data through my own, computer-aided survey amongst insurance brokers operating in Poland. By conducting the survey amongst insurance brokers it was possible not only to collect data describing the state of Polish cyber-insurance market but also to use their expert opinion on various issues relating to cyber-risk. The research presented here is a pioneer in terms of analysis of a cyber-insurance market in a post-communist country such as Poland which is the most important emerging market in the CEE region as well. My paper makes the research perspective broader as most cyber-insurance industry reports have focused ing on the US, the UK or the developed countries of Western Europe.
- Advisen. (2011, March). Information security and cyber liability risk management. Retrieved April 12, 2016, from http://www.advisenltd.com/wp-content/uploads/Cyber_Risk_Management_Survey_Report.pdf
- Advisen. (2012, October). Information security and cyber liability risk management. Retrieved April 12, 2016, from http://www.advisenltd.com/wp-content/uploads/Zurich_2012Cyber_SurveyReport.pdf
- Advisen. (2013, October). Information security and cyber liability risk management. Retrieved April 12, 2016, from http://www.advisenltd.com/wp-content/uploads/information-security-cyber-liability-riskmanagement- zurich-2013-10-18.pdf
- Advisen. (2014, October). Information security and cyber liability risk management. Retrieved April 12, 2016, from http://www.advisenltd.com/wp-content/uploads/information-security-cyber-liability-riskmanagement- white-paper-10-28-2014.pdf
- Advisen. (2015, October). Information security and cyber liability risk management. Retrieved April 12, 2016, from http://www.advisenltd.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/information-security-cyber-liability-risk-management-report-2015-10-16.pdf
- Advisen. (2016, October). 2016 Survey of cyber insurance market trends. Retrieved April 17, 2017, from http://www.advisenltd.com/2016/10/25/2016-survey-cyber-insurance-market-trends/
- Allianz. (2015). A guide to cyber risk. Managing the impact of increasing interconnectivity. Retrieved November 12, 2015, from www.agcs.allianz.com
- AON. (2016a). Cyber-the fast moving target. Retrieved April 17, 2017, from http://www.aon.com/attachments/risk-services/cyber/2016-Captive-Cyber-Survey-Interactive.pdf
- AON. (2016b). Zarządzanie ryzykiem i ubezpieczeniami w firmach w Polsce. Report AON Poland 4th edition. Retrieved July 12, 2016, from http://insight.aon.com/PL_2016ARSNEWS_DownloadAonPL
- Ayers, E. (2015, October 8). Advisen Loss Insight: Europe’s cyber and privacy landscape. Cyber Risk Network. Retrieved July 20, 2016, from http://www.cyberrisknetwork.com/2015/10/08/advisen-loss-insight-europes-cyber-and-privacy-landscape/
- Berliner, B. (1982). Limits of insurability of risks. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall.
- Eling, M., & Schnell, W. (2016, November). Ten Key Questions on Cyber Risk and Cyber Risk Insurance. The Geneva Association. Retrieved April 18, 2017, from https://www.genevaassociation.org/media/954708/cyber-risk-10-key-questions.pdf
- Eling, M., & Wirfs, J.H. (2016). Cyber risk: Too big to insure?. University of St. Gallen. Retrieved April 15, 2016, from http://www.ivw.unisg.ch/~/media/internet/content/dateien/instituteundcenters/ivw/studien/cyberrisk 2016.pdf
- Glascott, M.T., & Aisen, A.J. (2013). The emperor’s new clothes and cyber insurance. Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel Quarterly, Spring 2013, 200-225. Retrieved May 3, 2016, from http://www.thefederation.org/documents/22.The%20Emperors%20New%20Clothes.pdf
- Gordon, L.A., Loeb, M.P., & Sohail, T. (2003). A framework for using insurance for cyber-risk management. Communications of the ACM, 44(9), 70-75.
- Marsh. (2015, October). European 2015 cyber risk survey report. Retrieved April 11, 2016, from http://uk.marsh.com/Portals/18/Documents/European%202015%20Cyber%20Risk%20Survey%20Report-10-2015.pdf
- RMS. (2016, February). Managing cyber insurance accumulation risk. Risk Management Solutions, Cambridge Centre for Risk Studies. Retrieved May 12, 2015, from www.cambridgeriskframework.com/getdocument/39
- SANS. (2016, June). Bridging the Insurance/InfoSec Gap: The SANS 2016 Cyber Insurance Survey. Retrieved July 1, 2016, from https://www.sans.org/reading-room/whitepapers/legal/bridging-insurance-infosec-gap-2016-cyber-insurance-survey-37062
- Sigma. (2017). Cyber: getting to grips with a complex risk. Sigma, 1/2017, SwissRe Institute. Retrieved April 18, 2017, from http://www.swissre.com/library/sigma_01_2017_en.htm
Publication order reference