The quest for demonstrable outcomes
Languages of publication
There is a buzz, even a frenzy, about competency-based education (CBE). Brought together by the Lumina Foundation-sponsored organization C-BEN (the Competency-Based Education Network), 30 institutions and 4 university systems have developed or are developing competency-based programs. About another 600 schools have claimed to be developing CBE programs, though there is no accurate data to substantiate that number. Why and why now?
- A Guide to Bloom's Taxonomy, The Innovative Instructor Blog, John Hopkins University, 2015, http://ii.library.jhu.edu/2015/01/30/a-guide-to-blooms-taxonomy/.
- Anderson N., Duncan Wants More Accountability in Higher Education. Easier Said than Done, „The Washington Post”2015, July 28.
- Bok D., Our Underachieving Colleges: A Candid Look at How Much Students Learn and Why They Should Be Learning More, Princeton University Press, Princeton 2006.
- Experimental Sites Concept Paper: Competency-Based Education, 2014, http://chronicle.com/blogs/ticker/files/2014/01/Experimental-Sites-Concept-Paper-FINAL.pdf.
- Federal Student Aid Handbook, 34 CFR 668.2(b), http://ifap.ed.gov/fsahandbook/attachments/1415Vol1Ch1.pdf.
- Fuller M., A History of Financial Aid to Students, „Journal of Student Financial Aid”2014, Vol. 44, No. 1.
- Laitinen A., Cracking the Credit Hour, New America Foundation Education Sector, http://higheredwatch.newamerica.net/sites/newamerica.net/files/policydocs/Cracking_the_Credit_Hour_Sept5_0.pdf.
- Median Incomes v. Average College Tuition Rates, 1971-2012, 2014, http://college-education.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=005532.
- Structure of the U.S. Education System: Credit Systems, U.S. Department of Education, http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-evaluation.html.
- Sylva E., The Carnegie Unit Revisited, 2015, http://www.carnegiefoundation.org/blog/the-carnegie-unit-revisited.
- U.S. Census of Agriculture, NAAS, 2007.
Publication order reference