PL EN


2014 | V/2 | 11-27
Article title

Prawosławne parafie Pińska w XVI wieku

Content
Title variants
EN
The Orthodox Parishes in Pinsk in XVI Century
Languages of publication
PL
Abstracts
EN
The main centre of the diocese of Turov and Pinsk in the XVI century was Pinsk. In the XVI century Pinsk became the local economic-politic metropolis. The greatest services to the development of the Church life were rendered by the rulers of the principalities: Ann Svidrigellova Horodecka, Semen, Maria, and Vasyl Olelkovich, Ivan, Fiodor, and Helen Yaroslavovich, Semen and George Holshansky, and Vasyl Fedorovich Ostrogsky and Constantine Ivanovich Ostrogsky. Thanks to their foundations and bequests more than 16 orthodox parishes and a few monasteries were founded. They were also the patrons of many iconographers, cantors, copyists and others artists.
Keywords
EN
Year
Volume
V/2
Pages
11-27
Physical description
Dates
published
2014
Contributors
References
Document Type
Publication order reference
Identifiers
ISSN
2081-1128
YADDA identifier
bwmeta1.element.desklight-d24366bc-7c19-449c-bdc6-822de6c4aad0
JavaScript is turned off in your web browser. Turn it on to take full advantage of this site, then refresh the page.