Przywództwo oddolne – idea na czasy kryzysu czy prosperity?
Grass Roots Leadership – An Idea for Crisis or Prosperity?
Languages of publication
The contemporary economic situation puts companies to the test in the form of turbulent changes that often lead to crisis situations in organisations. In such situations employees direct their sight to leaders, who are expected to know the solution to all problems. The holistic nature of the occurring phenomena, as well as their pace prevent the individual from counteracting the adverse changes. In such a situation it is indispensable to change the management model from the reactive into the proactive one, which is in turn the basis for the development of grass roots leaders, who are recruited from line employees. These leaders are employees who have a complete insight into tasks performed by them and a direct contact with problems that may arise at the point of contact with clients, suppliers, agents, etc., which enables them to take appropriate measures. Therefore, the most important issue is to develop in such persons the ability to make independent decisions and bear responsibility for them. In such a situation the three gears of leadership are helpful. The development of grass roots leaders results in taking full advantage of the chances that companies face in periods of prosperity and in preventing crises because of their appropriate and quick reaction.
- Goldsmith M., Greenberg C.L., Robertson A., Hu-Chan M. 2007. Globalni liderzy – kolejna generacja. Warszawa: MT Biznes.
- Buzan T., Dottino T., Israel R. 2008. Zwykli ludzie – liderzy. Warszawa: Muza SA.
- Blanchard K., Miller M. 2008. Sekret. Tajemnica wielkich liderów. Warszawa: Studio Emka.
- Blanchard K., Zigarmi P., Zigarmi D. 2008. Jednominutowy Menedżer i przywództwo. Warszawa: MT Biznes.
- Kouzes J.M., Posner B.Z. 2008. Dziedzictwo lidera. Filozoﬁa życia przywódcy. Gliwice: Helion.
- Helgesen S. 1997. Przywództwo oddolne. [w:] Hesselbein F., Goldsmith M., Beckhard R. (red), Lider przyszłości. Warszawa: Businessman Book.
- Parks S.D. 2007. Przywództwa można się nauczyć. Gliwice: Helion.
- Covey S.R. 1997. Zasady działania skutecznego przywódcy, Warszawa: Medium.
Publication order reference