Senior policy as an element of local government activities in Tarnów
Languages of publication
This article is an analysis of the social policy of practical activities implemented for seniors in the environment of their local residence. Tarnów was chosen as the local environment, in which seniors are the majority of the population. It discusses the principles of social policy, the resources of the Tarnów local government, activities and initiatives for seniors in Tarnów as well as the objectives and tasks of the Tarnów local government implemented in 2015–2020 The analysis of social policy shows that the local government authorities in Tarnów organized many valuable and good initiatives for the benefit of seniors. This is demonstrated by the cafeteria of activities undertaken by social institutions (state and local government), non-governmental organizations, religious associations (church), and other economic entities (enterprises and business). However, there are some lacunae, especially in the area of care standards.
- Act on older people of 11 September 2015 (Journal of Laws item 1705).
- Błędowski P., Local social policy towards the elderly, Warsaw 2002.
- Błędowski P., Local policy towards old age, Warsaw 2002.
- Błędowski P., Social policy towards old people in Poland and the European Union, in: Population aging as a challenge for social policy, ed. M. Szlązak, Krakow 2003, pp. 6–13.
- Chabior A., Family and health situation of the elderly, in: Aging and old age in the perspective of social work,eds. A. Chabior, A. Fabiś, J.K. Wawrzyniak, Warsaw 2014, p. 49.
- Diagnosing social problems. Violence in the family, J. Mańka, Krakow 2015.
- Nursing Home Saint Brother Albert in Tarnów, http://www.dps.okay.pl/ (25.01.2019).
- Nursing Home, ul. Czarna ulica 48, http://dps.itarnow.pl/ (25.01.2019).
- John Paul II, Centesimus Annus, Vatican 1991.
- John Paul II, Laborem Exercens, Vatican 1981.
- John Paul II, Sollicitudo Rei Socialis, Vatican 1982.
- John XXIII, Mater et Magistra, Vatican 1961.
- Konieczna-Woźniak R., Adult learning through their free time interests, “Adult Education” (2011), no 2, pp. 111–123.
- Krzyszkowski J., Inclusive communities, i.e. the role of social policy in local government, Warsaw 2014.
- Kwaśniewska K., Senior issues as an important task of social policy, “Studies in the field of Legal Sciences” (2016) no 6, pp. 369–383.
- Lewicka-Kalka E., Functioning of Senior Councils in Poland, http://mrs.poznan.pl/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Rady-senior%C3%B3w.-Raport-z-bada%C5%84 (pdf document).
- Minois G., Old age. From antique to Renaissance, Warsaw 1975.
- Niezabitowski M., Elderly people in a sociological perspective,Katowice 2007.
- Pankiv O., Duranowski W., Social entrepreneurship and social work,Warsaw 2014.
- Pius XI, Quadragesimo Anno, Vatican 1931.
- Polak M., Principles and instruments of social policy, in: Introduction to social policy, eds. R. Gabryszak, D. Magierek, Warsaw 2009.
- Action Program for the Elderly in the City of Tarnów for the years 2015 – 2020, Resolutions No. XVIII / 178/2015 of the City Council in Tarnów of November 26, 2015, Tarnów 2015, pp. 29–32 (pdf document).
- Polish Monitor, Social policy towards the elderly 2030. Security – participation – solidarity, Warsaw 2018.
- Szatur-Jaworska B., Błędowski P., Dzięgielewska M., Basics of social gerontology, Warsaw 2006.
- Szweda-Lewandowska Z., Social policy towards old age and the elderly, in: Elements of social gerontology, eds. P. Szukalski, Z. Szweda-Lewandowska, Lodz 2011.
- Zych A., Man in the face of old age. Sketches in social gerontology, Katowice 1999.
- Bulletin of Public Information of the Lesser Poland Voivodship, https://bip.malopolska.pl/umtarnow,m,261337,tarnowska-rada-seniorow.html (30.01.2019).
Publication order reference