Management and decisions in the structures of human activities
Languages of publication
This article has been devoted to the key dimensions of decision-making. The main goal of the authors was to point out the role and effect of invariants of nature, logic and conceptual systems of science and management, which are extremely important in decision-making processes. The research hypothesis has been tested that the complexity of decision-making and management are determined by the state of reality (Nature). This hypothesis is related to the fact that in science there is currently no uniform methodology associated with decision-making, just as science is not methodologically uniform. One can even doubt whether it is possible to describe the essential dimensions of decisions undertaken by Man, as discussed in this article. These problems are not a novelty to science, since they have been analysed by many scientists in the past. The authors of the article present the complexity and diversity of concepts defining systems of decision-making and management, based on selected fields of knowledge which are generally relevant to this issue, in particular fields associated with ontology and epistemology. Therefore, the text refers broadly to investigating the reality of basic areas of human knowledge and the overlapping relationships between them. This applies to the so-called circle of the sciences proposed and examined by the psychologist J. Piaget. An additional aim of the authors was to create a text presenting contemporary human knowledge about the reality which surrounds us. To understand reality means to be in relative equilibrium with it.
- College of Management „Edukacja”, ul. Krakowska 56-62, 50-425 Wrocław, Poland, email@example.com
- Department of Management, General Tadeusz Kościuszko Military University of Land Forces, ul. Czajkowskiego 109, 51-150 Wrocław, Poland, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department of Computer Science and Management, Wrocław University of Science and Technology, ul. Łukasiewicza 5, 50-371 Wrocław, Poland, email@example.com
- Department of Management, General Tadeusz Kościuszko Military University of Land Forces, ul. Czajkowskiego 109, 51-150 Wrocław, Poland, firstname.lastname@example.org
- ASHBY W. R., Introduction to Cybernetics, PWN, Warsaw 1963 (in Polish).
- BIRKHOFF L., Lattice Theory, AMS, New York 1967.
- BORKOWSKI L., Formal Logic, PWN, Warsaw 1977 (in Polish).
- CHWISTEK L., Papers Philosophical and Logical, PWN, Warsaw 1963 (in Polish).
- DESCARTES R., Discourse on the Method, PIW, Warsaw 1993 (in Polish).
- DESCARTES R., Rules for the Direction of the Mind. A search for truth by means of the natural light, 3rd Ed., Antyk, Kęty 2002 (in Polish).
- DRӒSCHER V.B., World of the Senses, Wiedza Powszechna, Warsaw 1971 (in Polish).
- GALANC T., KOŁWZAN W., PIERONEK J., Role of the normal logical form in decision-making and knowledge management, Oper. Res. Dec., 2014, 24 (2), 35–58.
- GALANC T., KOŁWZAN W., PIERONEK J., SKOWRONEK-GRĄDZIEL A., Logic and risk as qualitative and quantitative dimensions of decision-making processes, Oper. Res. Dec., 2016, 26 (3), 21–42.
- GRZEGORCZYK A., An Outline of Mathematical Logic, PWN, Warsaw 1969 (in Polish).
- HARTMANN E., An Outline of Axiology, Hermann Haacke, Leipzig 1908.
- HOLLAND J.H., Adaptation in Natural and Artificial Systems, The University of Michigan Press, 1975.
- INGARDEN R., Experience, Work, Values, Wydawnictwo Literackie, Kraków 1966 (in Polish).
- INHELDER B., PIAGET J., From the Logic of a Child to the Logic of Youth, PWN, Warsaw 1970 (in Polish).
- IVANOV V., The Asymmetry of the Brain and Sign Systems, Sov. Radio, Moscow 1978 (in Russian).
- JACZEWSKI J., Logical Systems for Industrial Applications, PWN, Warsaw 1970 (in Polish).
- KAHNEMANN D.,TVERSKY A., Subjective probability. A judgment of representativeness, Cogn. Psych., 1972, 3.
- KAHNEMANN D., TVERSKY A., On the psychology of prediction, Psych. Rev., 1973.
- KAHNEMANN D., TVERSKY A., An analysis of decision under risk, Econometrica, 1979, 47, 263–291.
- KNUTH D.E., The Art of Computer Programming, Addison-Wesley, Massachusetts, 1997.
- KOŁWZAN W., Structures of Human Language, Wydawnictwo Politechniki Wrocławskiej, Wrocław 1983 (in Polish).
- KOŁWZAN W., Thinking by analogy from the perspective of semantic universals, [in:] C.S. Nosal, Creative information processing, Delta, Wrocław 1992 (in Polish).
- KUROSZ A.G., General Algebra, PWN, Warsaw 1965 (in Polish).
- LAPIE P., Logic of Will, F. Alcan, Paris 1902 (in French).
- Little Encyclopedia of Logic, W. Marciszewski (Ed.), Zakład Narodowy im. Ossolińskich, Wrocław 1988 (in Polish).
- MAN K.F., TANG K.S., KWONG S., Genetic Algorithms, Concepts and Designs, Springer-Verlag, London 1999.
- MARKOV A.A., The Theory of Algorithms, Trudy Matem. Inst. W.A. Steklov, 1954, 42.
- NEUMANN J. VON, MORGENSTERN O., Theory of Games and Economic Behavior, Princeton University Press, Princeton 1944.
- Creative Information Processing, C.S. Nosal (Ed.), Delta, Wrocław 1992 (in Polish).
- OWEN G., Game Theory, PWN, Warsaw 1975 (in Polish).
- PETERS E.E., Chaos Theory and Capital Markets, WIG-PRESS, Warsaw 1997 (in Polish).
- Philosophy and Science. An Encyclopedic Outline, Z. Cackowski (Ed.), Ossolineum, Wrocław 1987 (in Polish).
- PIAGET J., Handbook of Child Psychology, PWN, Warsaw 1966 (in Polish).
- PIAGET J., Structuralism, Wiedza Powszechna, Warsaw 1977 (in Polish).
- PIAGET J., Psychology and Epistemology, PWN, Warsaw 1977 (in Polish).
- PIAGET J., Equilibration of Cognitive Structures, PWN, Warsaw 1981 (in Polish).
- RUSSELL B., Introduction to Mathematical Philosophy, Fundacja Aletheia, Warsaw 2003 (in Polish).
- SADOWSKI W., Decisions and Forecasts, PWE, Warsaw 1977 (in Polish).
- SIENKIEWICZ P., GOBAN-KLAS T., Information Society. Opportunities, Threats and Challenges, Wyd. Fundacji Postępu Telekomunikacji, Cracow 1999 (in Polish).
- SZANIAWSKI K., About Learning, Reasoning and Values, PWN, Warsaw 1994 (in Polish).
- SZAPIRO T., What Decides a Decision, Wydawnictwo Naukowe PWN, Warsaw 1993 (in Polish).
- TATARKIEWICZ W., About the Ruthlessness of the Good, Gebethner i Wolff, Warsaw 1919 (in Polish).
- WALENDZIAK A., Fundaments of General Algebra and Lattice Theory, PWN, Warsaw 2009 (in Polish).
- WEBSTER F., Theories of the Information Society, Routridge, London 1995.
- WIENER N., Cybernetics, John Wiley and Sons, New York 1948.
- WIENER N., Cybernetics and Society, Houghton Mifflin, New York 1950.
- ZNANIECKI F., The issue of values in philosophy, Przegl. Filozof., 1910, 2–115 (in Polish).
Publication order reference