HISTORIA DUSZPASTERSTWA KATOLICKIEGO W PARAFII MATKI BOŻEJ ANIELSKIEJ W LIPSKU NAD BIEBRZĄ W LATACH 1914-1997
THE HISTORY OF CATHOLIC PRIESTHOOD IN ST. MARIA OF THE ANGELS PARISH IN LIPSK ON THE BIEBRZA IN 1914-1997
Languages of publication
Roman Catholic parish Lips at the Biebrza is situated at the borders of Augustowszczyzna and Grodzieńszczyzna. In its turbulent history there have been collisions of cultures from eastern, Black Ruthenian with elements of Latin culture, polish from Mazovia. In XIX century, the cultural influences, has brought massive conversions of Russians who wanted to became Polish. In consequence it led to the reaction of tsar, namely to the oppressions of member of Uniate Church and closing down of Roman Catholic parish in Lipsk. Lack of unity has brought distrust to both laic and church authority. During wars the parish was twice deprived of priest. In 1915-1917 when P. Kotlewski was interned in Guterloh and in 1943-1944 after S. Dąbrowski escaped and B. Rutkowski and J. Płoński were murdered. During absence of priests the church was destroyed twice and two times after the priests came back the church was rebuild. The parish is „anointed” with blessed martyrs from Second World War. Blessed Marianna Biernacka was born there and spent all her life there, she was shoot dead at forts in Naumowicze. Blessed sister Sergia M. Julia Rapiej was born and spent her childhood there, she was shoot near Nowogródek. Also blessed father Adam Bargielski also worked there for some time in 1936, he died in concentration camp in Dachau. During cultural freedom P. Kuklewicz and in interwar period T. Zajączkowski together with vicar W. Sawicki and J. Dzieniszewski managed to revive cultural and social activity so much that the admiration and even envy appeared in people from neighborhood. All priests of those days put their hearts and souls into their work with entrusted them people.
Publication order reference