Mission Command Principles in the Battle of Chipyong-ni
Languages of publication
The article focuses on mission command principles and their impact on the on the Chipyong-ni battle. At the beginning of the paper the author presents an overview of the battle and general characteristic of the lead commander. In the following section there is a discussion of each mission command principle laid out by the U.S. Army doctrine, as well as their influence on the conducted battle. The conducted research was based on available literature.
- Barron, Leo. Korean War, Stackpole Books, USA 2015.
- Hamburger, Kenneth E. Leadership in the Crucible, USA 2003.
- Tucker, Spencer C., (ed.). Encyclopedia of the Korean War: A political, Social, and military History, vol. 1, California 2000.
- Landry, Kenth Alan, Lt. COL. Leadership in Battle: The Siege at Chipyong-ni, Army article, September 2002.
- Department of the Army, ADP 6-0. Mission Command, Washington, DC: Government Printing Office, 12 March 2014.
- Department of the Army, ADRP 6-0. Mission Command, Washington, DC: Government Printing Office, May 2012.
Publication order reference