Koszty agencji a działalność eksportowa firm rodzinnych
Agency Costs and Export Activity among Family Businesses
Languages of publication
The purpose of this publication is to investigate the relationship between concerns about external and internal agency conflicts in family businesses and family control over the company and forms of international cooperation. The study is based on surveys conducted among 101 family businesses in Poland. The author examines the following theses in particular: the high level of concern about internal agency conflicts (within the company) implies that there will be more family control over the business; some forms of international cooperation are rarely used by family businesses due to concerns about international (external) agency conflicts that may arise between a family business and its foreign partners; the main reason for undertaking international cooperation is to increase sales and reduce operating costs.
- Anderson E., Gatington H. , On the Internationalization of Firms: A Critical Analysis,„Journal of International Business Studies”, vol. 17, nr 3.
- Davis J.A., Tagiuri R. , Bivalent Attributes of the Family Firm [w:] Family Business Sourcebook, red. C.E. Aronoff, J.L. Ward, Omnigraphics, Detroit.
- Frishkoff P.A. , Understanding Family Business: What Is a Family Business?, Oregon State University, frishkoffbus.orst.edu.
- Jaffe D.T. , Working with Ones You Love: Conflict Resolution and Problem Solving Strategies for a Successful Business, Berkeley.
- Sztompka P. , Socjologia, Społeczny Instytut Wydawniczy Znak, Kraków.
- Zahra S. , International Expansion of U.S. Manufacturing Family Business: The Effect of Ownership and Involvement, „Journal of Business Venturing”, nr 18.
Publication order reference