Decision Maker's Preferences, Airport Gate Assignment Problem and Multiobjective Optimisation
Languages of publication
We present an application of a methodology we developed earlier to capture a decision maker's preferences in multiobjective environments to a notorious problem in the realm of Air Traffic Management, namely the Airport Gate Assignment Problem. The problem has been modelled as an all-integer optimisation problem with two criteria. We have implemented this methodology into the commercial solver CPLEX and also into an Evolutionary Multiobjective Optimisation algorithm and we have solved with them a numerical instance of the Airport Gate Assignment Problem for a couple of decision making scenarios.
- Dorndorf U., Drexel A., Nikulin Y., Pesch E. (2007), Flight Gate Scheduling: State-of-the-art and Recent Development, Omega 35, p. 326-334.
- Ehrgott M. (2005), Multicriteria Optimization, Springer.
- Kaliszewski I. (2004), Out of the Mist - Towards Decision-maker-friendly Multiple Criteria Decision Making Support, European Journal of Operational Research, 158, p. 93-307.
- Kaliszewski I. (1994), Quantitative Pareto Analysis by Cone Separation Technique, Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- Kaliszewski I. (2006), Soft Computing for Complex Multiple Criteria Decision Making, Springer.
- Kaliszewski I. (2008), Multiple Criteria Decision Making: Outcome Assessments with Lower and Upper Shells, Systems Research Institute Report RB/9/2008, Warszawa.
- Kaliszewski I., Miroforidis J. (2009), Multiple Criteria Decision Making: Efficient Outcome Assessments with Evolutionary Optimization, Communications in Computer and Information Science 35, p. 25-28.
- Kaliszewski I., Miroforidis J. (2012a), On Interfacing Multiobjective Optimisation Models - The Case of the Airport Gate Assignment Problem, Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Application and Theory of Automation in Command and Control Systems (ATACCS'2012), IRIT Press, p. 93-97.
- Kaliszewski I., Miroforidis J. (2012b), Real and Virtual Pareto Set Upper Approximations, in: Multiple Criteria Decision Making 11, eds. T. Trzaskalik, T. Wachowicz, The Publisher of University of Economics in Katowice, p. 121-131.
- Kaliszewski I., Miroforidis J., Podkopaev D. (2012), Interactive Multiple Criteria Decision Making Based on Preference Driven Evolutionary Multiobjective Optimization with Controllable Accuracy, European Journal of Operational Research, 216, p. 293-307.
- Miroforidis J. (2008), Private communication.
- Miroforidis J. (2010), Decision Making Aid for Operational Management of Department Stores with Multiple Criteria Optimization and Soft Computing, PhD Thesis, Systems Research Institute, Warsaw.
- Miettinen K.M. (1999), Nonlinear Multiobjective Optimization, Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- Stańczak J. (2003), Biologically Inspired Methods for Control of Evolutionary Algorithms, Control and Cybernetics 32(2), p. 411-433.
- Şeker M. (2011), Stochastic Optimization Models for the Airport Gate Assignment Problem, Transportation Research Part E, 48, p. 438-459.
- Yan S., Huo Ch-M. (2001), Optimization of Multiple Objective Gate Assignments, Transportation Research Part A, 35, p. 413-432.
- Wierzbicki A.P. (1999), Reference Point Approaches, in: Multicriteria Decision Making - Advances in MCDM: Models, Algorithms, Theory and Applications, eds. T. Gal, Th. Stewart, Th. Hanne, Kluwer Academic Publishers.
Publication order reference