Management Information Systems in Polish Railway Transport in the Context of the Technological and the Organizational Changes
Languages of publication
Paper presents the implementation problems of information management systems in the railway industry with an analysis of the current situation, the needs of companies and benefits of the implementation. It takes into account the area of financial management, a range similar to the other companies, as well as the area of operational management specific for their activities. These issues are presented in the context of technological changes taking place since the beginning of the XXI century in the information management systems and organizational changes in the PKP Group with the transport operations and railway infrastructure management separation, consolidation of the PKP Group and the changes connected with the preparation for the privatization of some of the group entities.
- Wielądek Adam F. (2008) From abacus to… 50 years of IT in railways, PKP In-formatyka, Warsaw, Poland (in Polish).
- Chadrych Stanisław (2000) Finance Management System FMIS as enterprise man-agement tool, Scientific and Technical Conference “Kolej na Informatykę”, 14-15 December 2000, Jelenia Góra, Poland (in Polish), 49-60.
- The Act of 8 September 2000 on commercialisation, restructuring and private-sation of the State Enterprise "Polish State Railways", Dziennik Ustaw 2000 nr 84 poz. 948 (in Polish).
- COUNCIL DIRECTIVE of 29 July 1991 on the development of the Commu-nity's railways (91/440/EEC), 1991, utk.gov.pl/download.php
- Krysztofiak Katarzyna (2007) Oracle e-Business Suite as a friend of PKP Intercity, Scientific and Technical Conference “PKP in the EU - lights and shadows”, 19-21 September 2007, Jastrzębia Góra, Poland (in Polish), 51-61.
Publication order reference