Building a Relationship Between Partners in the Supply Chain Using Online Communication
Languages of publication
The building partnerships with suppliers, contributes increasingly effective and fast communication. Currently, most often takes the form of exchange of information, using electronic means of communication. Relationship management in the supply chain allows the participants to see the significant benefits that affect strongly on improving the efficiency and effectiveness of processes, thus lowering the impact on operating costs for both suppliers and customers. Through effective communication between the partners carried out it is possible to prevent potential losses by coordinating the flow of information for both prospective customer demand forecasts and actual demand in the period. This is achieved by working closely linked to the monitoring of stocks and needs of clients (through the analysis of various ranges of production cycles). Building these relationships allows for quick and effective communication (the ability to interact on-line) by familiarizing customers with current product offerings (taking into account the innovations introduced), check product availability in stock suppliers, as well as an assessment of the supplier's ability to design or produce the necessary volume of the deadline. Effective communication processes run allow the formation of close relationships with suppliers posed by the precise definition of the technical requirements (in terms of quality parameters and to have the necessary infrastructure) and organizational (implementation of operational improvement tools).
- Adaileh M.J., Abu-alganam K.M.: The Role of ERP in Supply Chain Integration. "International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security" May 2010, Vol. 10, No. 5.
- Akkermans H.A., Bogerd P., Yücesan E., van Wassenhove L.N.: The Impact of ERP on Supply Chain Management: Exploratory Findings from a European Delphi Study. "European Journal of Operational Research" 2003, Vol. 146, No. 2.
- Ballou R.H.: Business Logistics/Supply Chain Management. Pearson Prentice Hall, New Yersey 2004.
- Bozarth C.C., Handfield R.B.: Introduction to Operations and Supply Chain Management. Pearson Education International, NJ 2008.
- Braun P., Mefford R.N.: Lean Production and Internet. "International Journal of Production Economics" 2004.
- Coyle J.J., Bardi E.J., Langley C.J.: The Management of Business Logistics - A Supply Chain Perspective. Thomson Learning, Ohio 2003.
- Grant D., Hall R., Wailes N., Wright Ch.: The False Promise of Technological Determinism: The Case of Enterprise Resource Planning Systems. "New Technology, Work & Employment" March 2006, Vol. 21, No. 1.
- Gronau N.: E-Business mit ERP-Systemen. "Industrie Management" 2001, Vol. 17, No. 1.
- Jacobs F.R., Chase R.B., Aquilano N.J.: Operations and Supply Management. McGraw-Hill, New York 2009.
- Koh S.C.L., Gunasekaran A., Goodman T.: Drivers, Barriers and Critical Success Factor for ERPII Implementation in Supply Chain: A Critical Analysis. "Journal of Strategic Information System" 2011, Vol. 20, No. 4.
- Lin H.-F.: The Impact of Website Quality Dimensions on Customer Satisfaction in the B2C E-commerce Context. "Total Quality Management & Business Excellence" June 2007, Vol. 18, No. 4.
- Managan J., Lalwani Ch., Butcher T., Javapour R.: Global Logistics & Supply Chian Management. John Wiley & Sons, Chichester 2012.
- Mohanty R.P., Seth D., Mukadam S.: Quality Dimensions of E-Commerce and Their Implications, "Total Quality Management & Business Excellence" May 2007, Vol. 18, No. 3.
- Narasimhan R., Matthews Ch.R.: Linking the Supply Chain to TQM. "Quality Progress" November 2006.
- Rushoton A., Walker S.: International Logistics and Supply Outsoucing. Kogan Page, London 2007.
- Samiee S.: Global Marketing Effectiveness via Alliances and Electronic Commerce in Business-to-Business Markets, "Industrial Marketing Management" 2008, Vol. 37, No. 1.
- Skjøtt-Larsen T., Kotzab H., Grieger M.: Electronic Market-places and Supply Chain Relationship. "Industrial Marketing Management" March 2003, Vol. 32, No. 3.
- Stonebraker P.: Toward a Contingency Theory of Supply Chain. "Management Decision" 2004, Vol. 42, No. 9.
- Vaidyanathan G., Devaraj S.: The Role of Quality in E-procurement Performance: An Empirical Analysis. "Journal of Operations Management" 2008, Vol. 26, Iss. 3.
- Verma A., Seth N.: A Conceptual Framework for Supply Chain Competitiveness. "International Journal of Human and Social Sciences" 2011, Vol. 6, No. 1.
- Walters P.G.P.: Adding Value in Global B2B Supply Chains: Strategic Directions and the Role of the Internet as a Driver of Competitive Advantage. "Industrial Marketing Management" 2008, Vol. 37, No. 1.
Publication order reference