An assessment of the association between antenatal care and child malnutrition in Bangladesh
- Chang SY, Ge KY. Definition and measurement of child malnutrition. Biomed Environ Sci 2011; 14(4): 283–291.
- Rahman M. Association between order of birth and chronic malnutrition of children: a study of nationally representative Bangladeshisample. Cad Saude Publica 2016; 32(2): e00011215, doi: 10.1590/0102-311X00011215.
- de Onis M, Frongillo EA, Blössner M. Is malnutrition declining? An analysis of changes in levels of child malnutrition since 1980. Bull World Health Organ 2000; 78(10): 1222–1233.
- Lartey A. What would it take to prevent stunted growth in children in sub-Saharan Africa? Proc Nutr Soc 2015; 74(4): 449–453, doi:10.1017/S0029665115001688.
- Seb Rengma M, Bose K, Mondal N. Socio-economic and demographic correlates of stunting among adolescents of Assam, North-east ndia. Anthropol Rev 2016; 79(4): 409–425.
- Kavosi E, Rostami ZH, Kavosi Z, et al. Prevalence and determinants of under-nutrition among children under six: a cross-sectional survey in Fars province, Iran. Int J Health Policy Manag 2014; 3(2): 71–76.
- Fenske N, Burns J, Hothorn T, et al. Understanding child stunting in India: a comprehensive analysis of socio-economic, nutritional and environmental determinants using additive quantile regression. PLoS ONE 2013; 8(11): e78692, doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0078692.
- McSweeney L, Rapley T, Adamson A. The preschool child, food photography and a parent’s bed: a feasibility study to determine acceptable visual data collection methods. J Nutr Health Sci 2015; 2(4): 406, doi: 10.15744/2393-9060.2.406.
- Titaley CR, Dibley MJ, Roberts CL. Factors associated with underutilization of antenatal care services in Indonesia: results of Indonesia Demographic and Health Survey 2002/2003 and 2007. BMC Public Health 2010; 10: 485, doi: 10.1186/1471-2458-10-48
- Negash C, Whiting S, Henry C, et al. Association between maternal and child nutritional status in Hula, Rural Southern Ethiopia: a cross sectional study. PLoS ONE 2015; 10(11): e0142301, doi: https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0142301.
- Felisbino-Mendes MS, Villamor E, Velasquez-Melendez G. Association of maternal and child nutritional status in Brazil: a population based cross-sectional study. PLoS ONE 2014; 9(1): e87486, doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0087486.
- Bhattacharya S, Campbell DM, Liston WA, et al. Effect of Body Mass Index on pregnancy outcomes in nulliparous women delivering singleton babies. BMC Public Health 2007; 7: 168.
- Das S, Hossain MZ. Levels and determinants 2016 of child malnutrition in Bangladesh. Pak J Statist 2008; 24(4): 301–323.
- Rayhan MI, Khan MSH. Factors causing malnutrition among under five children in Bangladesh. Pak J Nutr 2006; 5(6): 558–562.
- Harpham T, Huttly S, De Silva MJ, et al. Maternal mental health and child nutritional status in four developing countries. J Epidemiol Community Health 2005; 59(12): 1060–1064.
- Fotso JC. Child health inequities in developing countries: differences across urban and rural areas. Int J Equity Health 2006; 5: 9, doi:10.1186/1475-9276-5-9.
- Houweling TA, Ronsmans C, Campbell OM, et al. Huge poor–rich inequalities in maternity care: an international comparative study of maternity and child care in developing countries. Bull World Health Organ 2007; 85(10): 745–754.
- Abdulla MM. Assessment and determinants of nutritional status in a sample of under five-year-old Iraqi children. Eur J Biol Med Sci Res 2016; 4(4): 1–24.
- Asfaw M, Wondaferash M, Taha M, et al. Prevalence of under nutrition and associated factors among children aged between six to fifty nine months in Bule Hora district, South Ethiopia. BMC Public Health 2015; 15: 41, doi: 10.1186/s12889-015-1370-9.
- National Institute of Population Research and Training (NIPORT), Mitra and Associates, Macro International, 2016. Bangladesh Demographic and Health Survey 2014. Dhaka and Calverton, Maryland, US: NIPORT, Mitra and Associates, and Macro International. Available from URL: https://dhsprogram.com/publications/publication-fr311-dhs-final-reports.cfm.
- World Health Organization. Anthro for Personal Computers, Version 3.2.2, 2011: Software for Assessing Growth and Development of the World’s Children. Geneva: WHO; 2011 [cited 30.06.2017]. Available from URL: http://www.who.int/childgrowth/software/en/.
- Srivastava A, Mahmood SE, Srivastaval PM, et al. Nutritional status of school-age children – a scenario of urban slums in India. Arch Public Health 2012; 70(1): 8, doi: 10.1186/0778-7367-70-8.
- Zewdie T, Abebaw D. Determinants of child malnutrition: empirical evidence from Kombolcha District of Eastern Hararghe Zone, Ethiopia. Quar J Int Agri 2013; 52(524): 357–372.
- Hamel C, Enne J, Omer K, et al. Childhood malnutrition is associated with maternal care during pregnancy and childbirth: a Cross-Sectional Study in Bauchi and Cross River States, Nigeria. J Public Health Res 2015; 4(1): 408, doi: http://doi.org/10.4081/jphr.2015.408
- Endris N, Asefa H, Dube L. Prevalence of malnutrition and associated factors among children in Rural Ethiopia. BioMed Res Int 2017; 2017, doi:10.1155/2017/6587853
- Fuchs C, Sultana T, Ahmed T, et al. Factors associated with acute malnutrition among children admitted to a Diarrhoea Treatment Facility in Bangladesh. Int J Pediatr 2014; 2014, doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/267806.
- Mumtaz Z, Salway SM. Gender, pregnancy and the uptake of antenatal care services in Pakistan. Sociol Health Illn 2007; 29(1): 1–26.
- Saya L, Raine R. A systematic review of inequalities in the use of maternal health care in developing countries: examining the scale of the problem and the importance of context. Bull World Health Organ 2007; 85(10): 812–819.
- Sarki M, Robertson A, Parlesak A. Association between socioeconomic status of mothers, food security, food safety practices and the double burden of malnutrition in the Lalitpur district, Nepal. Arch Public Health 2016; 74(1): 35, doi: 10.1186/s13690-016-0150
- Abuya BA, Ciera J, Kimani-Murage E. Effect of mother’s education on child’s nutritional status in the slums of Nairobi. BMC Pediatrics 2012; 12: 80, doi: http://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2431-12-80.
- Ali Naser I, Jalil R, Wan Muda WM, et al. Association between household food insecurity and nutritional outcomes among children in Northeastern of Peninsular Malaysia. Nutr Res Pract 2014; 8(3): 304–311, doi: http://doi.org/10.4162/nrp.2014.8.3.304.
- Black RE, Victora CG, Walker SP, et al. Maternal and child undernutrition and overweight in low-income and middle-income countries. Lancet 2013; 382: 427–451.
- Imdad A, Bhutta ZA. Effects of calcium supplementation during pregnancy on maternal, fetal and birth outcomes. Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 2012; 26(Suppl. 1): 138–152
- McNellan CR, Dansereau E, Colombara D, et al. Uptake of antenatal care, and its relationship with participation in health services and behaviors: an analysis of the poorest regions of four Mesoamerican countries. Ann Glob Health 2017; 83: 193–204.
Publication order reference