Motivational interview on having Pap test among middle-aged women – a counseling service in primary care
Languages of publication
- Vaccarella S, Lortet-Tieulent J, Plummer M, et al. Worldwide trends in cervical cancer incidence: impact of screening against changes in disease risk factors. Eur J Cancer 2013; 49(15): 3262–3273.
- Nahvijou A, Daroudi R, Tahmasebi M, et al. Cost-effectiveness of different cervical screening strategies in Islamic Republic of Iran:a middle-income country with a low incidence rate of cervical cancer. PLoS ONE 2016; 11(6): e0156705.
- Fitzmaurice C, Dicker D, Pain A, et al. The global burden of cancer 2013. JAMA Oncology 2015; 1(4): 505–527.
- Javanmanesh F, Dadkhah F, Zarepour N. Knowledge and awareness among Iranian women regarding the pap smear. MJIRI 2008; 22(2):68–73.
- Howard DL, Hostetter SS, Hunter J, et al. Women’s understanding of the term ‘Pap smear’. Matern Child Health J 2015; 19(7): 1455–1463.
- Statistical Centre of Iran. Selected Findings of the 2011 national population and housing census. Available from URL: https://www.amar. org. ir/Portals/1/Iran/census-2. pdf.
- Jalilvand S, Shoja Z, Nourijelyani K, et al. Meta analysis of type specific human papillomavirus prevalence in Iranian women with normal cytology, precancerous cervical lesions and invasive cervical cancer: implications for screening and vaccination. J Med Virol 2015; 87(2): 287–295.
- Badar FA, Meerza F, Sultan F. Cervical carcinoma in a Muslim community. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 2007; 8(1): 24.
- Majidi AG, Hadji M, Nahvijou A, et al. Priority setting for improvement of cervical cancer prevention in Iran. Int J Health Policy Manag 2016; 5(4): 225–232.
- Behnamfar A. Factors associated with delayed diagnosis of cervical cancer in iran-a survey in isfahan city. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 2014;16(2): 635–639.
- Mousavi SM, Gouya MM, Ramazani R, et al. Cancer incidence and mortality in Iran. Ann Oncol 2009; 20(3): 556–563.
- Farshbaf-Khalili A, Salehi-Pourmehr H, Shahnazi M, et al. Cervical cancer screening in women referred to healthcare centres in Tabriz,Iran. Niger J Med 2015; 56(1): 28–34.
- Akbari F, Shakibazadeh E, Pourreza A, et al. Barriers and facilitating factors for cervical cancer screening: A qualitative study from Iran.Iran J Cancer Prev 2010; 3(4): 178–184.
- Al-Meer FM, Aseel MT, Al-Khalaf J, et al. Knowledge, attitude and practices regarding cervical cancer and screening among women visiting primary health care in Qatar. EMHJ 2011; 17(11): 855, doi: doi.org/10.1159/000163044.
- Rezaie-Chamani S, Mohammad-Alizadeh-Charandabi S, Kamalifard M. Knowledge, attitudes and practice about pap smear among women reffering to a public hospital. J Family Reprod Health 2012; 6(4): 177–182.
- Al-Naggar RA, Low W, Isa ZM. Knowledge and barriers towards cervical cancer screening among young women in Malaysia. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 2010; 11(4): 867–873.
- Miller WR, Rollnick S. Motivational interviewing: helping people change. 3rd ed. New York: Guilford Press; 2013.
- Rollnick S, Miller WR, Butler CC, et al. Motivational interviewing in healthcare: helping patients change behavior. New York: The Guilford Press; 2008.
- Allahverdipour H, Emami A. Perceptions of cervical cancer threat, benefits, and barriers of Papanicolaou smear screening programs for women in Iran. Women Health 2008; 47(3): 23–37.
- Adamu A, Abiola A, Ibrahim M. The effect of health education on the knowledge, attitude, anduptake of free Pap smear among female teachers in Birnin Kebbi, North Western Nigeria. Niger J Clin Pract 2012; 15(3): 326–332.
- Ndikom CM, Ofi BA. Pre-screening counseling in cervical cancer prevention: implications for nursing. IJNM 2011; 3(10): 158–164.
- Aziza S, Badawy AS, Abeer F. Efficacy of counseling for cervical cancer screening and protective procedures on Saudi women’s healthbeliefs and practice. J Nurs Educ Pract 2016; 7(2): 117–125.
- Thippeveeranna C, Mohan SS, Singh LR, et al. Knowledge, attitude and practice of the pap smear as a screening procedure among nurses in a tertiary hospital in north eastern India. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 2013; 14(2): 849–852.
- Lundahl B, Moleni T, Burke BL, et al. Motivational interviewing in medical care settings: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Patient Educ Couns 2013; 93(2): 157–168
Publication order reference