PL EN


2019 | 2 | 27-39
Article title

Przyczynki do historii budowy organów Josefa Bacha w kościele Świętej Trójcy w Nowej Wsi Książęcej

Content
Title variants
EN
A short history of the Josef Bach’s organ construction at Nowa Wieś Książęca at Trinity Church
Languages of publication
PL EN
Abstracts
EN
This paper presents an outline of the history of the Trinity Parish Church of Nowa Wieś Książęca, Kepno County (Greater Poland Voivodeship) and more specifically an in-depth review of the history of construction of its organs. The current, whole-brick church building was erected in 1803 after the former wooden church was destroyed in a fire of 1802. The new 8-rank organ (without pedals), was built by Franciszek Majewski, an organ builder from Rychtal. This instrument was reconditioned around 1877 by Johann Spiegel, who also upgraded the organ with a 2-rank pedal. Throughout the next decades, the instrument was poorly maintained and heavily battered by a wood-worm infestation, hence at the beginning of the 20th century its condition was dramatic. In 1917, the organ builder Josef Bach from Rychtal, inspected the instrument thoroughly and mended it provisionally. During the inspection he made a detailed drawing of the prospect, thanks to which it is known today how the instrument originally looked like. Due to the very poor condition of the instrument Bach suggested to the parish rector Fr Franciszek Bromm, to build a whole-new organ. After the end of the First World War, the village of Nowa Wieś Książęca was allocated to the reinstated Republic of Poland. Due to the poor state of the Trinity Parish Church building itself, it was decided to put the construction of the new organ away in time, until the church renovation is complete. It was only in 1929 when Josef Bach placed a detailed quotation for whole-new 10-rank organ for the Trinity Church. However, due to the worldwide economic turmoil (i.e. the great depression) and the pauperization of the locals, this plan was not put to work. In July of 1939 the parish unexpectedly received a legacy of 2.000 RM (Reichsmark) from Fr Franciszek Poziemba from Dobrzeń Wielki (Groß Döbern), Opole county, who was born in Nowa Wieś Książęca. The construction was again delayed due to the outbreak of the Second World War. However, the Parish finally received the legacy in December of 1939, which combined with the savings allowed for placing the order. This was done in April, 1940 by Fr Franciszek Bromm, after an official permission from the Bishop of Poznań Walenty Dymek was received. Finally, in 1941/1942, at a total expense of 6.500 RM, Josef Bach constructed the new 10-rank, dual-manual, single-pedal instrument, complete with a neo-baroque casing. Currently, the instrument undergoes exhaustive restoration by the Piotr Cynar Organ-builder Workshop of Wrocław.
References
  • Franzkowski J. (1912). Geschichte der freien Standesherrschaft, der Stadt und des landräthlichen Kreises Gross Wartenberg. Cz. 5: Die Parochie Fürstlich Neudorf. Gross Wartenberg: Im Selbstverlage des Verfassers
  • Archiwum parafii pw. Świętej Trójcy w Nowej Wsi Książęcej – teczka dokumentów dotyczących organów, bez sygn.
Document Type
Publication order reference
Identifiers
YADDA identifier
bwmeta1.element.desklight-f4608a57-f08a-49ce-ae98-e537ba08a22b
JavaScript is turned off in your web browser. Turn it on to take full advantage of this site, then refresh the page.