INTRA-INDUSTRY TRADE AND FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT: THE CASE OF POLAND
Languages of publication
Intra-industry trade (IIT) has been widely investigated among developed countries. Main factors influencing the simultaneous flows of exports and imports were also identified for the group of advanced economies. Less attention was paid to the trade of emerging countries. Therefore, the author analysed bilateral trade between Poland and its main trading partners over the period 2000-2007. The analysis of IIT was conducted at the five-digit SITC products. Among factors influencing intensity of IIT the role of FDI was placed in the centre of the investigation.
- Balassa, B. (1966). Tariff Reductions and Trade in Manufactures Among the Industrial Countries. The American Economic Review, 56(3), 466–473.
- Bergstrand, J.H. (1990). The Hecksher-Ohlin-Samuelson Model, the Linder Hypothesis and the Determinants of Bilateral Intra-Industry Trade. Economic Journal, 100, 1216-1229.
- Durkin, J.T. & Krygier, M. (2000). Differences in GDP per Capita and the Share of Intra-industry Trade: The Role of Vertically Differentiated Trade. Review of International Economics, 8(4), 760–74.
- Eaton, J. & Tamura, A. (1994). Bilateralism and Regionalism in Japanese and U.S. Trade and Direct Foreign Investment Patterns. Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, 8(4), 478–510.
- Falvey, R.E. (1981). Commercial Policy and Intra-Industry Trade. Journal of International Economics, 11(4), 495-511.
- Falvey, R.E. & Kierzkowski, H. (1987). Product Quality, Intra-Industry Trade and (Im)Perfect Competition. In H. Kierzkowski (Ed.), Protection and Competition in International Trade. Essays in Honor of W.M. Corden, Oxford: Basil Blackwell.
- Greenaway, D., Hine, R. & Milner, C. (1994). Country-Specific Factors and the Pattern of Horizontal and Vertical Intra-Industry Trade in the UK. Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv, 130(1), 77-100.
- Greenaway, D., Hine, R. & Milner, C. (1995). Vertical and Horizontal Intra- Industry Trade: A Cross Industry Analysis for the United Kingdom. The
- Economic Journal, 105(433), 1505-1518. Grubel, H.G. (1967). Intra-industry specialization and the pattern of trade. The Canadian Journal of Economics and Political Science, 33(3), 374– 388.
- Grubel, H.G & Lloyd, P. (1975). Intra-industry Trade. MacMillan: London.
- Helpman, E. (1981). International Trade in the Presence of Product Differentiation, Economies of Scale and Monopolistic Competition: A Chamberlin-Hecksher-Ohlin Approach. Journal of International Economics, 11(3), 305-340.
- Helpman, E. (1987). Imperfect Competition and International Trade: Evidence from Fourteen Industrial Countries. Journal of the Japanese and International Economics, 1(1), 62-81.
- Helpman E. & Krugman, P. (1985). Market Structure and Foreign Trade. Cambridge, Mass.: MIT Press.
- Hummels, D. & Levinsohn, J. (1995). Monopolistic Competition and International Trade: Reconsidering the Evidence. Quarterly Journal of Economics, 110(3), 799-36.
- Koutsoyannis, A. (1977). Theory of Econometrics: An Introductory Exposition of Econometric Methods. 2nd ed. Hampshire: Macmillan Publisher Ltd.
- Krugman, P. (1981). Intra-Industry Specialization and the Gains from Trade. Journal of Political Economy, 89(5), 959-973.
- Lancaster, K. (1980). Intra-Industry Trade Under Perfect Monopolistic Competition. Journal of International Economics, 10(2), 151-175.
- Markusen, J.R. & Maskus, K. (2001). A Unified Approach to Intra-Industry Trade and Direct Foreign Investment, Working Paper 8335, National Bureau of Economic Research.
- Markusen, J.R. & Venables, A.J. (1996). The Theory of Endowment, Intra- Industry and Multinational Trade. Centre for Economic Policy Research, London, Discussion Paper No. 1341.
Publication order reference