Culture Failure Mode Effect Analysis: Resistance to Change in Contemporary HRM
Languages of publication
Competitive economic conditions drive Continuous Improvement (CI) processes within organisations. CI systems and practices are easily accessible. However, questions have to be asked: Is the organization ready for necessary CI changes and is resistance to change an issue in the business? In the change management process the maturity of the organizational culture plays the key role. A significant set of requirements has to be fulfilled to facilitate transformation of the changes into constructive results. In order to assess the level of business advancement, and the maturity of those requirements, the Culture Failure Mode Effect Analysis Tool (CFMEA) has been created. CFMEA provides a practical system for assessing long–term changes, and, in the short term, will make the company fully aware of the critical cultural aspects that have to be developed. CFMEA is an original technique for identifying effects and causes of potential failures during the change implementation process and an organization’s readiness for change.
- Anderson D. and Ackerman-Anderson L. (2010), Beyond Change Management: How to Achieve Breakthrough Results Through Conscious Change Leadership, Wiley Company, United States.
- Armstrong M. (2006), A Handbook of HRM Practice, 10th Edition, Kogan Page Limited, London.
- Ballé M. (2009), Lean Enterprise Institute, http://www.lean.org/balle/ColumnArchive.cfm?y=2009#Col1322
- Cameron K. S. and Quinn R. E. (2006), Diagnosing and Changing Organizational Culture Based on Competing Values Framework, John Wiley and Sons, San Francisco.
- Cook S., Macaulay S., and Coldicott H. (2004), Change Management Excellence, Kogan Page, London.
- Cummings T. G. and Worley C.G. (2008), Organization Development and Change, 9th Edition, South–Western Cengage Learning, United States.
- Green M. (2007), Change Management Masterclass. A Step–By–Step Guide to Successful Change Management, Kogan Page, London.
- Hiatt J. M. and Creasey T. J. (2003), Change Management: The People Side of Change, Prosci Research, Loveland.
- Naylor L. L. (1996), Culture and Change: An Introduction, Greenwood Publishing Group, United States.
- Oborka E. (2011), “Are You Ready?” Lean Management Journal, Issue 12.
- Senior B. and Swailes S. (2010), Organizational Change, Fourth Edition, Prentice Hall – Financial Times, London.
- Ward M. (1995), Why Your Corporate Culture Change Isn’t Working … And What to Do About It, Gower Publishing, London.
Publication order reference