PARAFIA UNICKA PW. ŚW. MICHAŁA ARCHANIOŁA W DUTROWIE W ŚWIETLE OSIEMNASTOWIECZNYCH WIZYTACJI KOŚCIELNYCH
St. Michael the Archangel Uniate Parish in Dutrów in the light of 18th century post-visitation protocols
Languages of publication
Dutrów is a tiny countryside village whose roots date back to at least the beginning of the 15th century. The first written record comes from 1411 when its owners Tomasz and Andrzej are entered in the document referring to the endowment of the church located not far away in Nabroz. Now, Dutrów is assigned to the gmina (commune) of Telatyn located in the western part of the Tomaszów poviat in the Lubelskie Province. The first written record about the Uniate church in this particular village dates back to 1678, when the residents obtained the permission to erect the church. The Uniate parish operated until the end of 18th century when it was demoted to the equivalent of a local branch church and was incorporated into the Telatyn parish. During its operation as a parish church, it was assigned to the Tyszowce Deanery. Having analyzed post-visitation protocols it might be deduced that the church was wooden and rather poorly furnished with utensils. There was also a bell tower as well as a cemetery. Apart from some arable land and grassland the Paroch (parish priest) had to his disposal to sustain himself, besides some fees from the congregation, he also had a small presbytery with ancillary buildings. Not only are the personal details of 3 parochs working there for the period this research paper is focused on established but also the approximate number of parishioners, which fluctuated, is estimated at between 35 and 68.
Publication order reference