Rural development in the context of European integration of Ukraine
Rozwój obszarów wiejskich w kontekście integracji europejskiej Ukrainy
Languages of publication
The paper describes the key aspects of rural development in Ukraine. Attention is focused on the interpretation of a concept of “rural areas” as an object of scientific research on economy of nature management and envir-onment protection. It substantiates the importance of Ukraine’s transition to the sustainable rural development concept. The paper also characterises the advantages and disadvantages of basic components of sustainable rural development: economic, social and ecological. The fundamental problems and factors of present-day unsatisfactory condition of rural development in Ukraine are presented. The usefulness of providing into the following research the normative and legal factors in order to improve state administrative system and management is proved. Prospective directions of Ukrainian government support for sustainable rural development are suggested. European experience of sustainable rural development and possibility of its application in Ukraine is discussed.
- Eurostat News Release 51/2012 from 30 March 2012.
- Market overview of Agriculture in Ukraine for the 9 months of 2013. National Rating Agency “Rurik”.
- Moroz S.M.: Changes in rural areas of Ukraine: problems and opportunities. European Association of Agricultural Economists 118th Seminar. 25-27 August, 2010, Ljubljana, Slovenia, access: 118th Seminar, 25-27 August, 2010, Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- Palapa N., Senchuk S.: Agroecological peculiarities of agricultural land assessment. Technique and technology of agriculture. No. 2, Lviv, Ukraine, 2011, pp. 36-39 (in Ukrainian).
- Pasichnyk V.: Social and economic component of European integration strategy of Ukraine. Academic papers collection. Issue 5, Lviv, Ukraine, 2010 (in Ukrainian).
- Pavlov А.I.: Rural areas as object of scientific research. Access: http://nbuv.gov.ua/j-pdf/DeBu_2007_1(1)__6.pdf (in Ukrainian).
- Prytula H.M.: European practice of identification and classification of rural areas. Bulletin of Agricultural Science of the Black Sea Region. Issue 3, Mykolayiv, Ukraine, 2011, pp. 94-99 (in Ukrainian).
- Romanjuk V., Pastuch R.: Stryi district. Stryi, Ukraine, 2012, 688 p. (in Ukrainian).
- Rural realities in the European Union. Access: http://ec.europa.eu/agriculture/envir/report/en/rur_en/report_en.htm.
- Web page of the agricultural holding “HarvEast”. Access: http://harveast.com/.
Publication order reference