Managers’ Consideration about Behavioural Factors that Influence their Decision Making in Liquidity Management
Languages of publication
The paper presents selected fragment of the outcomes of qualitative research led by the author. It concerned factors influencing decision-making in liquidity management, associated with human traits (human as an acting person of such choices) both in terms of mental processes’ characteristics peculiar to the entire human species (features of human mind) as well as the specific attributes of individual decisionmakers. The aim of the study was to discover how managers perceive determinants of liquidity decision-making process, basing on their professional experience, and whether in their consideration on the subject had ever appeared the determinants related to the person of the decision-maker.
- Bazerman M.H. (1994), Judgement In Managerial Decision Making, New York: John Wiley & Sons Inc.
- Jones B.D. (1999), Bounded Rationality, “Annual Review”, 2, pp. 297-321.
- Kahneman D. (1991), Judgment and Decision Making: A Personal View, “Psychological Science”, Vol. 2, No. 3.
- Kahneman D., Tversky A. (1982), Judgement under uncertainty: Heuristics and biases, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Korzeniowska D. (2011), Psychological Factors’ Influence on Liquidity Decision Making Process in Times of Economic Instability, Acta Universistatis Lodziensis, “Folia Oeconomica”, 247, pp. 289-306.
- Korzeniowska D. (2013), Decision Traps’ Impact on Liquidity Management in Enterprises, in: D. Adrianowski, K. Patora, J. Sikorski ed., Finance, Accounting and Management: Poland, Europe, World 2020, Lodz: University of Lodz Publishing House, pp. 117-125.
- Langer E. (1975), The illusion of control, “Journal of Personality and Social Psychology”, 32.
- Mellers B., Hertwig R., Kahneman D. (2001), Do Frequency Representations Eliminate Conjunction Effects?, “Psychological Science”, Vol. 12, No. 4.
- Remus W., Kottemann J. (1995), Anchor-and-adjustment behaviour in a dynamic decision environment, Elsevier Science, Decision Support Systems 15.[Crossref]
- Thomas W.H.NG., Sorensen K.L., Eby L.T. (2006), Locus of control: meta-analysis, “Journal of Organizational Behavior”, September, 27.
- Tversky A., Kahneman D. (1981), The framing of decision and the psychology of choice, “Science”, Vol. 211, No. 4481.
- Tyszka T. (2000), Psychological Traps in Assessing and Decision Making, Gdansk: GWP.
- Tyszka T. (2010), Decisions: Psychological and economical perspective, Warsaw: SCHOLAR.
Publication order reference