Academic Research Skills of University Students
Languages of publication
The paper analyzes questionnaires administered to 135 English Language students in all four years with an attempt to elaborate how developed the students’ academic research skills are and investigate if they correlate with the years of study. Furthermore, the results are compared to students’ general habits concerning internet use to prove that they do not correlate with academic research skills.
- ALA. 2000. Information Competency Literacy Standards for Higher Education. Chicago: American Library Association.
- Alexander, Olwin. et al. 2008. EAP Essentials: A teacher's Guide to Principles and Practice. Reading: Garnet Education.
- Barron, Brigid. 2006 “Interest and Self-sustained learning as Catalysts of Development: A Learning Ecology Perspective” in Human Development 49(4), pp. 193-224.
- Lemke, Cheryl. 2003 21st Century Skills. Naperville, Ill: North Central Regional Educational Laboratory.
- Manning, Anthony. et al. 2007. Transferrable Academic Skills Kit. Reading: Garnet Education.
- Radić-Bojanić, Biljiana. 2012. ‘Istraživačke veštine i strategije studenta Anglistike: kvalitativna analiza.’ [‘Research Skills and Strategies of English Language and Literature Students: Qualitative Analysis’] Paper accepted for publication in Annual Review of the Faculty of Philosophy in Novi Sad.
- Radić-Bojanić, B. and Topalov, J. 2012. ‘Elektronski izvori COBISS i KoBSON u funkciji visokoškolskog obrazovanja: stavovi i navike studenata korisnika.’ [COBISS and KoBSON Electronic Sources in the Function of Higher Education: Attitudes and Habits of Students Users’] Čitalište 20: 33-43.
Publication order reference