Women's Participation in Politics: Ukrainian Case
Languages of publication
The international practices takes into account the question of women's participation in the political life of modern Ukraine. The selection of the state was due to the dynamic process of democratic transformation - the separation of powers, the formation of multi-party competition among political actors in the electoral process, the activity women in the various institutions of civil society. The position was claimed on the basis of empirical data range of academic institutions and reputable sociological centers, and also interviews with experts who said that the creation of real conditions for self-realization by women's interest in politics is only possible for long term. The process is controversial and caused by political culture, traditions and interests of the ruling class represented mainly by men.
- Political Science, Associate Professor, Associate Professor of Philosophy, Cultural Studies and Political Science, Faculty of Philosophy, Culture and Arts, ANO VPO “Moscow Humanities University”, 111395, Russia, Moscow, ul. Youth, d 5
- Aivazova, S.G., (2012) Gender characteristics of the political behavior of the Russians in the context of the election cycle of parliamentary and presidential elections in 2011-2012. Woman in Russian society 3 p.p 3-11.
- Burkut, I. G., (2009) Electoral technologies: a regional experience. Chernovtsy: Bukrek.
- Giddens, A (1999) Sociology Moscow: Editorial URSS
- Gorbatenko, V.P., (2010) Problems of the political-right development in the twenty-first century. Moscow: OOO “NIPKTS Sunrise-A”.
- Ledyaev, V.G., (2012) Sociology power. Theory and Empirical Research of power in urban communities. Moscow: House Higher School of Economics.
- Panarin, A.S., (2006) A people without elite. Moscow: Penguin Books.
- Protsyshena, J., Akimova, S., (2012) The Sex Ratio of Ukrainian Parliament, The News of Ukraine, [online] Available at: http://www.from-ua.com/politics/93937eaed5874.html [Accessed 10 March 2013].
- Skovikov, A.K., (2012) Formation of civil society: international experience and Russian Reality. Modern problems of science and education, 6. p. 758-758.
- Ryabova, T.B., (2008) Gender power: Gender stereotypes in contemporary Russian politics. Ivanovo: Izd Ivan. State. University Press.
- The Charter of the United Nations. International law documents: studies. (1997) Moscow: INFRA-M.
- The Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Women of 18 December 1979. International law documents: studies. 1997. Moscow: INFRA-M.
Publication order reference