Determinants of Customer Satisfaction in Fast Food Industry A Study of Fast Food Restaurants Peshawar Pakistan
Languages of publication
This research is focused to find what are the key success factors for fast food industry in region of Peshawar Pakistan. Fast food concepts developed very rapidly in last few years in Peshawar region. The failure or success of a fast food industry based on some factors like Promotion, Service quality, Customer expectations, Brand, Physical Environment, Price, and Taste of the product. To find which of these factors has greater influence on consumer satisfaction, four fast food restaurants customers were targeted randomly. These four restaurants were KFC, CHIEF, ARBAIN CHICK, and PIZZA HUT. The data collected from the customers of these restaurants. The data collected from customers of these restaurants when the customers were in restaurants for refreshment. Total number of customers who were targeted was 120. From each restaurant 30 customers were targeted on availability basis. On the basis of their responses multiple regression and correlation test was applied. Findings of the study shows that service quality and brand are the key factors for satisfaction in fast food industry in Peshawar Pakistan.
- Lecturer; City University of Science & I-T, Peshawar Pakistan, Shahzadkhan.firstname.lastname@example.org
- BBA (Hons) student; City University of Science & I-T, Peshawar Pakistan, Janogerman8@hotmail.com
- BBA (Hons) student; City University of Science & I-T, Peshawar Pakistan, Smarti_angel21@yahoo.com
- Athanassopoulos, A. D. (March 2000). Customer Satisfaction Cues To Support Market Segmentation and Explain Switching Behavior. Journal of Business Research, Volume 47 (3), 191-207.[Crossref]
- Ayse Ozfer Ozcelik, L. S. A. a. M. S. S. (2007). An Evaluation of Fast-Food Preferences According to Gender. Humanity & Social Sciences Journal, 2 (1), 43-50.
- Boukili, A. B. M. (2007-2008). Brand Management Process: How to Build, Measure and Manage Brand Equity Case study: McDonald’s, the Fast Food Super-Brand.
- Churcill, G. & Suprenat, C. (1982). An investigation into the determinants of customer satisfaction, Journal of Marketing Research.
- Gronroos. (1984). A service quality model and its marketing implications. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 24 (Winter), 36-44.
- Han, K. R. H. (2009). Influence of the Quality of Food, Service, and Physical Environment on Customer Satisfaction and Behavioral Intention in Quick-Casual Restaurants: Moderating Role of Perceived Price.
- Huang, W.-P. P. a. H.-H. (4 June 2011). Effects of promotion on relationship quality and customer loyalty in the airline industry: The relationship marketing approach. African Journal of Business Management, 5 (11).
- Kandampully, K. (2002). Electronic retailing and distribution service; cyber intermediaries that serve customers and service provider.
- Khan, N. A. (2011) A study of brands in the food and beverages industry of pakistan. International journal of business and social science, 2 (13)
- Khatibi, A. H. A. (2007). The impact of internet marketing on customer satisfaction. A study Malaysian perspective. Journal of Mobile Communication 1 (1), 29-35.
- Kurniawan, B. (2010). Factors affecting customer satisfaction in purchase Decision on ticket online: a case study in air asia.
- Lim, H. (12-1-2010). Understanding American customer perceptions on Japanese food and services in the U.S. UNLV Theses/Dissertations/Professional Papers/Capstones.
- Oliver, R. L. (1981). Measurement and Evaluation of Satisfaction Processes in Retail Settings. Journal of Retailing, 57 (3), 25-48.
- Schefter, R. A. (2000). E-loyalty your secret weapon on the web. Harvard Business Review Schwager, C. M. a. A. (2007). Understanding Customer Experience. Harvard Business Review articles.
- Skindaras, R. V. V. S. D. (2009). The Relationship between Price and Loyalty in Services Industry. Inzinerine Ekonomika-Engineering Economics Commerce of engineering decisions, 3.
- T. W., L., L., Cha, J Johnson, M. D., Gustafsson & Andreassen, A. (2001). The evolution and future of national customer satisfaction index models. Journal of Economic Psychology, 22, 217-245.
- Takeuchi, H. a. J. A. Q. (1983 July-August). Quality Is More Than Making a Good Product. Harvard Business Review, 61, 139-145.
- Tat, H. H., Sook-Min, S., Ai-Chin, T., Rasli, A., & Hamid, A. B. A. (March 2011). Consumers’ Purchase Intentions in Fast Food Restaurants: An Empirical Study on Undergraduate Students The Special Issue on Contemporary Issues in Business and Economics, 2 (5).
- Veloutsou, C., Gilbert, R.G., Moutinho, L.A., & Good, M.M. (2005). Measuring transactionspecific satisfaction in services. European Journal of Marketing, 39 (5-6), 606-628.[Crossref]
- Zairi, M. (2000). Managing Customer Dissatisfaction Through Effective Complaint Management Systems. The TQM Magazine, 12 (5), 331-335.
- Zeithaml, P. A. (1985). A conceptual model of service quality and its implication for future research. Journal of Marketing Research, 49 (Fall), 41-50.
Publication order reference