Studies on the Interlanguage of Arab EFL Learners: An Overview
Selected contents from this journal
Languages of publication
This study reports on a recent bibliography titled The interlanguage of Arab learners of English: A preliminary annotated bibliography. The bibliography, carried out over the last few years by the writer of this paper is now available on the home page of the International Journal of Arabic-English Studies (IJAES) at www.ijaes.org. In particular, the study highlights the type and nature of the studies listed in the bibliography through providing representative titles and sources. It also discusses the types of problems encountered in the process of compiling the bibliography. In this context it suggests, albeit briefly, a system for listing Arabic surnames of authors adopted in the bibliography, which may minimize the problem of referencing and documentation.
- Ibrahim, M.H. 1978. "Patterns in spelling errors". English Language Teaching Journal 32(3). 207-212.[Crossref]
- Mahmoud, A. 2002. "Interlingual transfer of idioms by Arab learners of English". The Internet TESL Journal. (http://iteslj.org/Articles/Mahmoud-Idioms.html)
- Mukattash, L. 1980. "Yes/No questions and the contrastive analysis hypothesis". English Language Teaching Journal 34(2). 133-145.[Crossref]
- Mukattash, L. 1981. "Problems in error analysis". Papers and Studies in Contrastive Linguistics 13. 261-274.
- Mukattash, L. 2001. "Some remarks on Arabic-English contrastive studies". Poznań Studies in Contemporary Linguistics 37. 115-126.
- Mukattash, L. 2002. "A preliminary bibliography of Arabic-English contrastive studies". International Journal of Arabic-English Studies 6. 189-228.
- Mukattash, L. (forthcoming). "Studies on the interlanguage of Arab learners of English: Strengths and weaknesses". To appear in The International Journal of Arabic-English Studies (IJAES).
- Nasr, R. 1955. The phonological problems involved in the teaching of American English to native speakers of Lebanese Arabic. [PhD dissertation, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA.]
- Nasr, R. 1963. The teaching of English to Arab students. Longman, London.
- Rammuny, R. 1966. An analysis of the differences in the prosodies of general American English and colloquial Jordanian Arabic and their effect on second language acquisition. [Unpublished PhD dissertation, University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, USA.]
Publication order reference