Influence of Investment Projects on Dividend Policy of a Company in Conditions of Fuzzy Information
Languages of publication
This article describes the problem of using fuzzy logic in the forecasts of variants of the results of implemented investment projects. It also shows the possibility of using calculations with the application of fuzzy triangular numbers L-R in the variants of results: an optimistic result, a pessimistic result and the most probable result (the central result). Moreover, the article draws attention to the possibility of using fuzzy numbers to estimate fuzzy risk of a forecasted financial result of a company. In addition, the article presents how a dividend may be shaped in consideration of multiplicity of variants if dividend policy takes into account dependence on company results as well as implemented investment projects.
- Baker, H.K., Powell, G.E. & Veit, E.T. (2002). Revisiting Managerial Perspectives on Dividend Policy. Journal of Economics and Finance, 26 (3).
- Benninga, S.Z. & Sarig, O.H. (2000). Company Finance, Methods of Valuation, Warsaw: WIG-Press.
- Brav, A.J. and others (2005). Payout Policy in the 21st Century, Journal of Financial Economics, 77.
- Brealey, R.A. & Myers, S.C. (2003). Principles of Corporate Finance. 7th ed., New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Brigham, E.F. (2005) Introduction of Financial Management. Warsaw: PWE.
- Cwynar, A. & Cwynar, W. (2007) Creating a Company’s Value by Long -Term Financial Decisions. Polish Academy of Accounting.
- Duraj, A.N. (2002) Factors of Realisation of a Dividend Payout Policy by Public Listed Companies, Łódź: Lodz University Press.
- Jabłoński, B. (2011). The model dividend security portfolio. In: A.S. Barczak, S. Barczak (Eds.), Mathematical, Econometric and Computer Methods in Finance and Security. Katowice: University of Economics in Katowice Press.
- Jabłoński, B. (2010a). Optimizing a Dividend Security Portfolio. In: M. Dylewski (Ed.) Riskin Finance and Banking during an Economic Crisi. Poznań: Poznań School of Banking Press.
- Jabłoński, B. (2010b). The Role of Choice of Group of Shares to an Investment Portfolio on theExample of Warsaw Stock Exchange in Years 1991-2009. In: U. Zagóra-Jonszta (Ed.), Accomplishments of Modern Economic Thought. The Role of Choice Category in EconomicTheories and Business Practice, Katowice: Karol Adamiecki University of Economics in Katowice Press.
- Kaźmierska-Jóźwiak, B. (2008). Evaluation of Dividend Policies of Companies Listed on Warsaw Stock Exchange. Organisation and Management, Vol. 2.
- Marcinek, K. (2004). Financial Evaluation of Investment Projects in Companies, Katowice: Karol Adamiecki University of Economics in Katowice Press.
- Marsh, T.A. & Merton, R.C. (1987). Dividend Behavior for the Aggregate Stock Market, Journalof Business.
- Piegat, A. (2003). Fuzzy Modelling and Controlling. Warszawa: Exit.
- Pomykalska, B. & Pomykalski, P. (2007). Financial Analysis of a Company. Warsaw: PWN Press.
- Przybycin, Z., (2009). The Application of Fuzzy Logic in Economics - Selected Decision Models, Scientific Works of University of Economics in Katowice.
- Różański, J. (2006). Fixed Assets and Capital Investments. Warsaw: Difin.
Publication order reference