The Importance of Perception and Consciousness for E-Learning
Languages of publication
The article presents the results of a research on perception during the learning process of adults in a virtual environment. The aim of the research was to determine why the process of e-learning introduction in Slovenia has been slowed down. Perception and its effects upon learning are important on the conscious as well as on the unconscious level but they have not been given as much attention as in the classical learning environment. Disturbed perception which results from the lack of expertise in preparation of the e-environment is a serious obstacle for learning. The objective of the research was to find solutions for the actual teaching practice but at the same time the research emphasizes that conclusions cannot always be made on the basis of former facts about students. We have to bear in mind that the impact of technology changes the students as well. Lack of professional arguments and of good practice leads to pedagogical conservatism which can cause the school's progress, also in the area of adult education, to be directed in the opposite direction from the one required by business processes in the organizations in which the adult students come from or in which the students are employed after they finish their education.
- Cooley, H. (2004). It's all about the Fit, Journal of Visual Culture, 3:133 - 135, DOI: 10.1177/1470412904044797.[Crossref]
- Cvetko, B. (2002). Razmišljanja o zavesti, Samozaložba, Ljubljana.
- Hoffstadter, D. R. (1979). Goedel, Escher, Bach; Harvest Press, London.
- Klahr, D., Triona, L. & Williams, C. (2007). Hands on What?, The Relative Effectiveness of Physical Versus Virtual Materials, Journal of Research in Science Teaching, 44: 184 - 192, DOI: 10.1002/tea.20120.[Crossref]
- Knott, R. (ed.) (2007). Science Curriculum Improvement Study 3, University of California, Berkeley.
- Labinowicz, E. (1989). The Piaget Primer: Thinking, Learning, Teaching; The Phi Delta Kappan, 9: 651-652
- Marzano, R. (1993). Assessing student outcomes, Performance assessment using the dimensions of the learning model, ASCD, Alexandria.
- Merlau-Ponty, M. (1996). The Visible and the Invisible, Northwestern University Studies, Branchville, New Jersey United States.
- Peruš, M. (2000). Biomreže, mišljenje in zavest, DZS, Ljubljana
- Rebolj, V. (2008a). E-material and Learning web-environment in the Field of Motivation and Social Inclusion. In: Vzgoja in izobraževanje v informacijski družbi. University of Maribor, School of Organizational Science.
- Rebolj, V. (2008b). E-izobraževanje skozi očala pedagogike in didaktike, Didakta, Radovljica.
- Rebolj, V. (2006). Etapna evalvacija spletnega študija, B2, d.o.o., Višja strokovna šola. Ljubljana.
- Rebolj, V. & Globočnik, T. (2007). Agensi negativnih emocij v spletnem okolju pri študentih višjih in visokih strokovnih šol, Evalvacija študijev na višji in visoki strokovni šoli, ICCS, Ljubljana.
- Strehovec, J. (2006). Eksistencionalna fenomenologija telesa, Fenomenologija zaznave, Študentska Založba, Ljubljana.
Publication order reference