The Perspective of Business Process Outsourcing in Slovenian Organizations
Languages of publication
Business process management (BPM) and business process outsourcing (BPO) play an important role in organizations helping them ensure competitiveness and competitive advantages and increase efficiency and effectiveness. Our study analyzes the role of outsourcing in Slovenian organizations. Data was obtained through a survey and interpreted with descriptive statistics, frequency statistics and Wilcoxon's signed ranks test. According to the results of statistical analysis there is 95% reliability that the degree of outsourcing of business processes in Slovenian organizations will increase and this applies to most business processes. Thus we can conclude that Slovenian organizations are following the trends in global markets and are adjusting to them as well.
- Abraham, K. G. & Taylor, S. K. (1996). Firms' Use of Outside Contractors: Theory and Evidence, Journal of Labor Economics, 14(3): 394-424.[Crossref]
- Aranha, H. & Wheelwright, S. M. (2007). Transition from Business Process Outsourcing to Knowledge Process Outsourcing, Biopharm International, 20(5): 58-62.
- Aron, R., Clemons, E. K. & Reddi, S. (2005). Just Right Outsourcing: Understanding and Managing Risk, Journal of Management Information Systems, 22(2): 37-55.
- Aron, R. & Singh, J. V. (2005). Getting Offshoring Right, Harvard Business Review, 83(12): 135-143.[PubMed]
- Atesci, K., Bhagwatwar, A., Deo, T., Desouza, K. C. & Baloh, P. (2010). Business process outsourcing: A case study of Satyam Computers, International Journal of Information Management, 30(3): 277-282, DOI: 10.1016/j.ijinfomgt.2010.01.009.[Crossref]
- Bengtsson, L. & Dabhilkar, M. (2009). Manufacturing outsourcing and its effect on plant performance-lessons for KIBS, Journal of Evolutionary Economics, 19(2): 231-257, DOI: 10.1007/s00191-008-0129-1.[WoS][Crossref]
- Beverakis, G., Dick, G. N. & Cecez-Kecmanovic, D. (2009). Taking Information Systems Business Process Outsourcing Offshore: The Conflict of Competition and Risk, Journal of Global Information Management, 17(1): 32-48, DOI: 10.4018/jgim.2009010102.[Crossref][WoS]
- Bharadwaj, S. S. & Saxena, K. B. C. (2009). Building winning relationships in business process outsourcing services, Industrial Management & Data Systems, 109(7): 993-1011, DOI: 10.1108/02635570910982328.[Crossref][WoS]
- Brown, D. & Wilson, S. (2005). The Black Book of Outsourcing: How to Manage the Changes, Challenges, and Opportunities, John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken.
- Chandraprakaikul, W., Baines, T. S. & Lim, R. Y. (2010). Strategic positioning of manufacturing operations within global supply chains, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers Part B - Journal of Engineering Manufacture, 224(B5): 831-846, DOI: 10.1243/09544054JEM1674.[Crossref][WoS]
- Conklin, D. W. (2005). Risks and rewards in HR business process outsourcing, Long Range Planning, 38(6): 579-598, DOI: 10.1016/j.lrp.2005.09.004.[Crossref]
- Duan, C., Grover, V. & Balakrishnan, N. (2009). Business Process Outsourcing: an event study on the nature of processes and firm valuation, European Journal of Information Systems, 18(5): 442-457, DOI: 10.1057/ejis.2009.38.[Crossref][WoS]
- Dyer, J. H., Kale, P. & Singh, H. (2001). How to Make Strategic Alliances Work, MIT Sloan Management Review, 42(4): 37-43.
- Gewald, H. & Dibbern, J. (2009). Risks and benefits of business process outsourcing: A study of transaction services in the German banking industry, Information & Management, 46(4): 249-257, DOI: 10.1016/j.im.2009.03.002.[Crossref][WoS]
- Gilley, K. M. & Rasheed, A. (2000). Making More by Doing Less: An Analysis of Outsourcing and its Effects on Firm Performance, Journal of Management, 26(4): 763-790.
- Gorla, N. & Lau, M. B. (2010). Will Negative Experiences Impact Future IT Outsourcing, Journal of Computer Information Systems, 50(3): 91-101.
- Hirschheim, R. & Lacity, M. (2000). The Myths and Realities of Information Technology Insourcing, Communications of the ACM, 43(2): 99-107.[Crossref][WoS]
- Handley, S. M. & Benton, W. C. (2009). Unlocking the business outsourcing process model, Journal of Operations Management, 27(5): 344-361, DOI: 10.1016/j.jom.2008.11.002.[Crossref]
- Hoving, R. (2007). Information Technology Leadership Challenges - Past, Present, and Future, Information Systems Management, 24(2): 147-153, DOI: 10.1080/10580530701221049.[Crossref]
- Hung, R. Y.-Y. (2006). Business Process Management as Competitive Advantage: a Review and Empirical Study, Total Quality Management & Business Excellence, 17(1): 21-40, DOI: 10.1080/14783360500249836.[Crossref]
- Johnson, L. K. (2006). Successful business process outsourcing, MIT Sloan Management Review, 47(2): 5-6.
- Luo, Y., Zheng, Q. & Jayaraman, V. (2010). Managing Business Process Outsourcing, Organizational Dynamics, 39(3): 205-217, DOI: 10.1016/j.orgdyn.2010.03.005.[WoS][Crossref]
- Power, M. J., Desouza, K. C. & Bonifazi, C. (2006). The Outsourcing Handbook: How to Implement a Successful Outsourcing Process, Kogan Page, London.
- Rottman, J. W. & Lacity, M. C. (2006). Proven Practices for Effectively Offshoring IT Work, MIT Sloan Management Review, 47(3): 56-63.
- Shi, Y. (2007). Today's Solution and Tomorrow's Problem: The Business Process Outsourcing Risk Management Puzzle, California Management Review, 49(3): 27-44.[Crossref]
- Weerakkody, V. & Irani, Z. (2010). A value and risk analysis of offshore outsourcing business models: an exploratory study, International Journal of Production Research, 48(2): 613-634, DOI: 10.1080/00207540903175160.[Crossref][WoS]
- Wüllenweber, K., Beimborn, D., Weitzel, T. & König, W. (2008). The impact of process standardization on business process outsourcing success, Information Systems Frontiers, 10(2): 211-224, DOI: 10.1007/s10796-008-9063-x.[Crossref][WoS]
Publication order reference