The Comparison of the Trends in Services Provided Worldwide with the Trends in Slovakia
Languages of publication
The author highlights the services from the perspective of the service providers and clients. Furthermore, the author discusses the issues raised to the centers of support services and the criteria according to which a multinational corporation makes a decision about destinations where their centers should be located. The author deals with the current trends of the international service providers, who established shared services centers in Slovakia. The benefits that Slovakia offers, such as convenient location, low labor costs or low tax burden in recent years are the main criteria that attract foreign companies to establish their services support centers in Slovakia. Multinational corporations, mainly focus on the outsourcing of accounting and financial services, customer service covering the entire region as well as IT services.
- Bryson, J.R. & Daniels, P.W. (2007). The Handbook od Service Industries.United Kingdom: Edward Elgar Publishing Limited.
- Deloitte. (2009). Shared services shines in challenging times. Insight from Deloitte´s 2009 global services survey. Retrieved September, 2010 from http://www.deloitte.com/assets/Dcom-UnitedStates/Local%20Assets/Documents/us_css_SharedServicesShinesinChallengingTimes_081409.pdf
- Deloitte. (March 2011). Global Shared Services Survey Results 2011. Executive Summary. Retrieved May, 2011 from http://www.deloitte.com/assets/Dcom-UnitedStates/Local%20Assets/Documents/IMOs/Shared%20Services/us_sdt_2011GlobalSharedServicesSurveyExecutiveSummary.pdf
- McIvor, R. (2005). The Outsourcing Process. New York: Cambridge University Press.
- Milward, B. (2003). Globalisation? Internationalisation and Monopoly Capitalism. Historical Processes and Capitalist Dynamims. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar.
- neo IT Global Offices. (2008).Service Globalization Trends 2008. Retrieved August, 2010 from http://www.neogroup.com/PDFs/Whitepapers/OIv5i10_1207_Trends_2008.pdf
- PricewaterhouseCoopers. (2008, December). Sharing Global sourcing trends, Can politicians reverse trends in global sourcing? Retrieved September, 2010 from http://www.pwc.com/en_US/us/issues/efficient-shared-servicescenters/ assets/shared_services_global_sourcing.pdf
- PricewaterhouseCoopers. (2009). Is the global outsourcing industry in for a no-holdsbarred competition?. ORN Service Provider Survey Report.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers. (2009). Shared Services & Outsourcing, SOACAT Advisory Partners Meeting.
- Rubalcaba-Bermejo, L., Cuadrado-Roura, J.R. & Bryson, J.R. (2002). Trading Services in the Global Economy. Chaltenham, UK: Edward Elgar Publishing Limited.
- SARIO. (2011). Shared Services Center. Retrieved July 2011 from http://www.sario.sk/userfiles/file/sario/pzi/sektorove/ssc/shared_service_center.pdf
Publication order reference