Preventing Corruption Through Spiritual Leadership in Organisations
Languages of publication
- Atwater L.; Roush P. and Fischtal A. 1995. The influence of upward feedback on self-and follower ratings of leadership. "Personnel Psychology", 48: 35-59.[Crossref]
- Bass B. M. and Avolio B. J. 1993. Transformational leadership: A response to critiques. In M. M. Chemers and R. Ayman (Eds.), Leadership theory and research: Perspectives and directions: 49-80. N. Y.: Academic Press.
- Bass B. M. and Steidlmeir P. 1999. Ethics, character, and authentic transformational leadership behavior. "The Leadership Quarterly", 10 (2): 182-217.
- Bass B. M. 1985. Leadership and performance beyond expectation. Free Press, New York.
- Bass B. M. 1998. Transformational leadership: Industrial, military and educational impact. N. Y.: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
- Bushman B. J. and Baumeister R. 1998. Threatened egotism, narcissism, self-esteem, and direct and displaced aggression: Does self-love or self-hate lead to violence? "Journal of Personality and Social Psychology", 75: 219-229.[Crossref]
- Carter S. 1993. The culture of disbelief: how American law and politics trivialize religious devotion. N. Y.: Basic Books.
- Collins James, C. 2001. Good to great, N. Y.: HarperCollins.
- Colvin C. R.; Block J. and Funder D. C. 1995. Overly positive evaluations and personality: Negative implications for mental health. "Journal of Personality and Social Psychology", 68: 1152-1162.[Crossref]
- Conger J. A. 1999. Charismatic and transformational leadership in organizations: An insider's perspective on these developing streams of research. "The Leadership Quarterly", 10:(2):145-179.[Crossref]
- Conger J. A. and Kanungo R. N. 1998. Charismatic leadership in organizations. Thousand Oaks: Sage.
- Conlin M. 1999. Religion in the workplace. "Business Week", 3653:150-158.
- Csikszentmihalyi M. 1990.[PubMed]
- . N. Y.: Harper and Row.
- Csikszentmihalyi M. and LeFevre J. 1989. Optimal experience in work and leisure. "Journal of Personality and Social Psychology", 36: (5): 815-822.[Crossref]
- Csikszentmihalyi M. 1982. Toward a psychology of optimal experience. In: L. Wheeler (Eds.), "Review of personality and social psychology", 3, CA: Sage.
- Davidson J. C. and Caddell, D. P. 1994. Religion and the meaning of work. "Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion", 33: 135-147.
- Dehler G. E. and Welsh M. A. 1994. Spirituality and organizational transformation: Implications for the new management paradigm. "Journal of Managerial Psychology", 9 (6):17-28.[Crossref]
- Den Hartog D. N.; House R. J.; Hanges P. J.; Ruiz-Quintanilla S. A. and Dorfman P. W. et al. 1999. Culture specific and cross-culturally generalizable implicit leadership theories: Are attributes of charismatic/transformational leadership universally endorsed? The Leadership Quarterly", 10 (2): 219-256.[Crossref]
- Dickson M. W.; Den Hartog D. N. and Mitchelson J. K. 2003. Research on leadership in a cross-cultural context: Making progress, and raising new questions. "The Leadership Quarterly", 14 (6): 729-768.[Crossref]
- Dirks K. T. and Ferrin D. L. 2002. Trust in leadership: Meta-analytic findings and implications for research and practice. "Journal of Applied Psychology", 87 (4): 611-628.[Crossref]
- Dorfman P.; Hanges P. J. and Brodbeck F. C. 2004. Leadership and cultural variation: The identification of culturally endorsed leadership profiles, leadership, culture, and organizations. The GLOBE study of 62 societies. CA: Sage.
- Druskat V. U. 1994. Gender and leadership style: Transformational and transactional leadership in the Roman Catholic Church. "The Leadership Quarterly", 5: 99-119.[Crossref]
- Elm D. R. 2003. Honesty, spirituality, and performance at work. In: R. A. Giacolone and C. L. Jurkiewicz (Eds.), Handbook of workplace spirituality and organizational performance: 277-288. N. Y.: M. E. Sharpe.
- Emmons R. A. 1999. Religion in the psychology of personality. "Journal of Personality", 67 (6): 873-888.
- Emmons R. A., Cheung C. and Tehrani K. 1998. Assessing spirituality through personal goals: Implications for research on religion and subjective well-being. "Social Indicators Research", 45: 391-422.[Crossref]
- Fairholm G. W. 1997. Capturing the heart of leadership: Spirituality and Community in the new American workplace. Westport: CT. Praeger.
- Fiol C. M., Harris D. and House R. J. 1999. Charismatic Leadership: Strategies for effecting social change. "The Leadership Quarterly", 10 (3): 449-482.[Crossref]
- Fleenor J. W., McCauley C. D. and Brutus S. 1996. Self-other rating agreement and leader effectiveness. "The Leadership Quarterly", 7 (4): 487-506.[Crossref]
- Fry L. W. 2003. Toward a theory of spiritual leadership. "The Leadership Quarterly", 14 (6): 693-727.[Crossref]
- Fry L. W. 2005. Toward a theory of ethical and spiritual well-being and corporate social responsibility through spiritual leadership. In: C. Dunne, R. A. Giacolone and C. L. Jurkiewicz (Eds.), Positive psychology and corporate responsibility. Greenwich, CT: Information Age Publishing.
- Giacalone R. A. and Jurkiewicz C. L. 2003. Toward a science of workplace spirituality. In: R. A. Giacalone and C. L. Jurkiewicz, Handbook of workplace spirituality and organizational performance: 3-28. N. Y.: M. E. Sharpe.
- Hendricks K. T. and Hendricks C. G. 2003. Operational integrity: The gateway to workplace harmony and velocity. In: R. A. Giacalone and C. L. Jurkiewicz (Eds.) Handbook of workplace spirituality and organizational performance: 429-445. N. Y.: M. E. Sharpe.
- Himmelfarb G. 1994. On looking into the abyss: Untimely thoughts on culture and society. N. Y.: Knopf.
- House R. J., & House A. 1977. Theory of charismatic leadership. In: J. G. Hunt and L. L. Lawson (Eds.), Leadership: The cutting edge: 189-207. Carbondale: Southern Illinois Press.
- Howell J. M. 1988. Two faces of charisma: Socialized and personalized leadership in organizations. In: J. A. Conger and R. N. Kanungo (Eds.) Charismatic leadership: The elusive factor in organizational effectiveness: 213-236. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Klein K. J. and House R. J. 1995. On fire: Charismatic leadership and levels of analysis. "Leadership Quarterly", 6 (2):183-198.[Crossref]
- Kouzes J. M., & Posner B. Z. 1999. Encouraging the heart: A leader's guide to rewarding and recognizing others. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Kuhnert K. W. and Lewis P. 1987. Transactional and transformational leadership: A constructive/developmental analysis. "Academy of Management Review", 12: 648-657.
- Kurth K. 2003. Spirituality renewing ourselves at work. In: R. A. Giacalone and C. L. Jurkiewicz (Eds.), Handbook of workplace spirituality and organizational performance: 447-460. N. Y.: M. E. Sharpe.
- Mitroff I. I & Denton E. A. 1999. A spiritual audit of corporate America. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Nash L. L. 2001. How the church has failed business? "Across the Board", 38 (4): 26-32.
- Neal J. A.; Lichtenstein B. M.B and Banner D. 1999. Spiritual perspectives on individual, organizational, and societal transformation. Journal of Organisational Change Management, 12 (3): 175-185.
- Northouse P. G. 2001. Leadership: Theory and practice. CA: Sage Publications.
- Novak M. 1996. Business as a calling: Work and the examined life. N. Y.: Free Press.
- Ohmann O. A. 1970. Skyhooks. "Harvard Business Review", 48 (1): 12.
- Paloutzian R. F.; Emmons R. A. and Keortge S. G. 2003. Spiritual well-being, spiritual intelligence, and healthy workplace policy. In: R. A. Giacolone and C. L. Jurkiewicz, Editors, Handbook of workplace spirituality and organizational performance: 123-137. N. Y.: M. E. Sharpe.
- Pfeffer J. 2003. Business and the spirit: Management practices that sustain values. In: R. A. Giacalone and C. L. Jurkiewicz. (Eds.) Handbook of workplace spirituality and organizational performance: 29-45. N. Y.: M. E. Sharpe.
- Rafferty A. E., & Griffin M. A. 2004. Dimensions of transformational leadership: Conceptual and empirical extensions. "The Leadership Quarterly", 15 (3): 329-354.[Crossref]
- Rahim M. A., Psenicko C., Yu C. S., Zhao J. H., Yee K. W., Polychroniov P. et al. 2003. A model of emotional intelligence and conflict management strategies: A study in seven countries. Paper presented at the Academy of Management, Seattle, WA.
- Reave L. 2005. Spiritual values and practices related to leadership effectiveness. "The Leadership Quarterly", 15 (5): 655-687.[Crossref]
- Shamir B.H, House R. J., Arthur M. B. 1993. The motivational effects of charismatic leadership: a self concept theory. "Organisational Science", 4: 1-17.
- Shamir B., Zakay E., Breinin E. and Popper M. 1998. Correlates of charismatic leader behavior in military units: Subordinates' attitudes, unit characteristics, and superiors' appraisals of leader performance. "Academy of Management Journal", 41 (4): 387-409.[Crossref]
- Shipper F. M., Rotondo D. M., Hoffman; et. al. (2003). A cross-cultural study of linkage between emotional intelligence and managerial effectiveness. Paper presented at the Academy of Management, Seattle, WA.
- Smith H. 1992. The world's religions. N. Y.: Peter Smith.
- Tourish D. and Pinnington A. 2002. Transformational leadership, corporate cultism, and the spiritual paradigm: An unholy trinity in the workplace? "Human Relations", 55: 147-172.[Crossref]
- Van Velsor E., Taylor S. and Leslie J. 1993. An examination of the relationships among self-perception, accuracy, self-awareness, gender, and leader effectiveness. "Human Resource Management", 32: 249-264.[Crossref]
- Wagner-Marsh F. and Conley J. 1999. The fourth wave: The spiritually-based firm. "Journal of Organizational Change Management", 12: 292-301.[Crossref]
- Weber M. 1947. In: T. Parasons. (Eds.). The Theory of social and economic organization (translated by AM Henderson & T. Parsons) N. Y.: Free Press.
- Wolpert Stanley. 2001. Gandhi's Passion: Life and legacy of Mahatma Gandhi. Book Review:
- Yukl G. 1999. An evaluation of conceptual weaknesses in transformational and charismatic leadership theories. "The Leadership Quarterly", 10 (2): 285-305.[Crossref]
- Zellers K. L., & Perrewe, P. L. In: R. A. Giacalone and C. L. Jurkiewicz (Eds.). 2003. Handbook of workplace spirituality and organizational performance: 300-313. N. Y.: M. E. Sharpe.
- Zinnbauer B. J.; Pargament K. I. and Scott A. B. 1999. The emerging meanings of religiousness and spirituality: Problems and prospects. "Journal of Personality", 67 (6): 889-919.[Crossref]
Publication order reference