Multicriteria Decision Making Model for the New Team Member Selection Based on Individual and Group-Related Factors
Languages of publication
This paper presents a novel approach to the team building emphasizing group-related attributes of potential candidates instead of focusing on their individual characteristics during the recruitment process. The main assumption is that the teamwork capabilities are equally if not more important than individual skills or competences when selecting new team member. Myers-Briggs Type Indicator is used for analyzing teamwork capabilities and multicriteria decision making model will be developed as a final solution.
- Adamiecki K. - Harmonization as one of the main foundations of scientific management [in] About Scientific Management. Państwowe Wydawnictwo Ekonomiczne 1970 (in Polish).
- Adams S. G. - An Investigation of the Attributes Contributing to Team Effectiveness of Engineering and Science Faculty [at] 29th ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference, San Juan, Puerto Rico, November 10-13, 1999.
- Armstrong M. - Human Resources Management. Strategy and Action. Wydawnictwo Profesjonalnej Szkoły Biznesu, Kraków 1996 (in Polnish).
- Boschma R. A. - Proximity and Innovation. A Critical Assessment [in] Regional Studies, No. 39(1), 2005, pp. 61-74.[Crossref]
- Cakrt M. - Typology of personality for managers. Wydawnictwo Helion, Gliwice 2006 (in Polish).
- Carlyn M. - An Assessment of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator [in] Journal of Personality Assessment, 41(5), 1977.[Crossref]
- Chen S. J. - An Integrated Methodological Framework for Project Task Coordination and Team Organization in Concurrent Engineering [in] CONCURRENT ENGINEERING: Research and Applications, Vol. 13, No. 3, September 2005.
- Chen S. J., Lin L. - Modeling Team Member Characteristics for the Formation of a Multifunctional Team in Concurrent Engineering [in] IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, Vol. 51, No. 2, May 2004.[Crossref]
- Chen M. M., Luckett P. F., Schulz A.K-D. - The Effects of Cognitive Style and Diversity on Decision-Making Dyads: An Empirical Analysis in the Context of a Complex Task [in] Behavioral Research in Accounting, Vol. 15, 2003.
- Gorla N., Lam Y. W. - Who Should Work with Whom? Building Effective Software Project Teams [in] Communications of the ACM, Vol. 47, No. 64 June 2004.
- Grabowska G., Wojnar J. - Social capital and proximity in ICT companies [in] Theoretical and practical aspects of urban and regional development (ed. T. Markowski, M. Turała). Warsaw 2009, pp. 244-264.
- Hayes N. - Managing Teams: A Strategy for Success. South-Western CENGAGE Learning 2002.
- Hoegl M. - Smaller teams - better teamwork: How to keep project teams small. Business Horizons, No. 48, 2005, pp. 209-214.[Crossref]
- Jackson K., Taylor I. - The Power of Difference. Exploring the value and brilliance of diversity in teams. Management Books 2000 Ltd., 2008.
- Jamka B. - Human Resources Management - Search and Development of Employees. Oficyna Wydawnicza Szkoły Głównej Handlowej, Warszawa 1997 (in Polish).
- Katzenbach J. R., Smith D. K. - The Discipline of Teams [in] Harvard Business Review, July-August 2005.
- Levi D., Slem C. - Team work in research and development organizations: The characteristics of successful team [in] International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics, No. 16, 1995, pp. 29-42.[Crossref]
- Ludwiczyński A. - Strategic Human Resources Management. Polska Fundacja Promocji Kadr - Zarząd, Warszawa 2000 (in Polish).
- Opt S. K., Loffredo D. A. - Communicator Image and Myers-Briggs Type Indicator Extroversion - Introversion [in] The Journal of Psychology, No. 137(6), 2003, pp. 560-568.
- Pirola-Merlo A., Mann L. - The relationship between individual creativity and team creativity: aggregating across people and time [in] Journal of Organizational Behavior, No. 25, 2004, pp. 235-257.[Crossref]
- Saaty T. L. - How to make a decision: The Analytic Hierarchy Process [in] European Journal of Operational Research, No. 48, 1990, pp. 9-26.[Crossref]
- Stapelton J. L. - Effects of Team Composition on Problem Solving: An Empirical Investigation of the Assembly Effect [in] The Delta Pi Epsilon Journal Spring, Vol. 49, Issue 2, 2008, pp. 94-108.
- Walukiewicz S. - Four Forms of Capital and Proximity. Working paper. Systems Research Institute of the Polish Academy of Sciences, WP-3-2007.
- Wojnar J. - MBTI as a measure of Emotive Proximity [in] Analiza Systemowa w Finansach i Zarządzaniu (ed. J. Hołubiec), Warszawa 2010 (in Polish).
Publication order reference