By the Kindness to the Gift of Self
Languages of publication
The object of this research is gentleness, a construct maybe not treated enough in the literature, but just in the area of the so called Positive Psychology. And precisely from his representative Martin Seligman, the inspiration for the construction of a questionnaire and of a specific hypothesis has been born, including the use of a precise terminology. In general terms, maybe the most interesting result lies in the fact of having found a correlation between the various items, therefore between the various constructs, in accordance with the idea of gentleness proposed as a synergy of “quality”. This idea has also been supported from recent research in which has emerged a very tight bond between optimism and a particular character trait that is extroversion. Being placed at a higher, transcendental level, the “gift of oneself” could become the “jump of quality” to fulfil ourselves in the relation with the other.
- Balconi, E. (2007). L’ottimismo, Xenia Edizioni.
- Ferrucci, P. (2005). La forza della gentilezza, Mondadori Editore, Milano.
- Lubich, C. (2001). La dottrina spirituale. Milano: Mondadori.
- Seligman, M. (2005). “Positive Psychology Progress: Empirical validation of Interventions” in American Psychologist 60.
- Seligman, M. (2003). La costruzione della felicità, Sperling & Kupfer Editori. Milano.
Publication order reference