World industry in post-industrial society: tendencies and regional shifts
Languages of publication
The article is devoted to the territorial organization of the manufacturing industry during its transformation from an industrial to a post-industrial phase of development - as one of the most urgent issues of economic geography at the turn of the 21st century. This period was characterized by the acceleration of human output beyond the industrial system and by the regrouping of its driving forces. Post-industrial development of developed countries in many respects determined the changes in the sectorial, institutional and spatial structures of the global industry. At the same time, industrialization acceleration occurred in developing countries, including at the expense of the “transfer” of productions in a number of industries from more developed countries. This article analyses the changes in the distribution of the manufacturing industry on a global and regional level.
- Battelle & R&D Magazine 2012, Global R&D Funding Forecast. Available from: <http://battelle.org/docs/default-documentlibrary/ 2012_global_forecast.pdf>. [15 January 2013].
- Battelle & R&D Magazine 2013, Global R&D Funding Forecast. Available from: <http://www.battelle.org/docs/default-documentlibrary/ 2013-R-and-D-Funding-Forecast.pdf?sfvrsn=4>. [17 January 2013].
- Galkin, MA & Rodionova, IA 2013, ‛National innovation systems in the conditions of R&D internationalization’ in Econ-inform, ed IA Rodionova., Moscow. Available from: <http://weblocal. rudn.ru/web-local/prep/rj/files.php?f=pf_16dec415707 25374cb8355febc2dbdd3>. [2 September 2013].
- Gorkin, AP 2012, Geography of postindustrial industry, Oikumena, Smolensk.
- Industrial Development Report 2012. UNIDO. Vienna, Austria. Available from: <http://www.unido.org>. [27 January 2013].
- International Yearbook of Industrial Statistics. 2013. UNIDO, Vienna, pp. 44-46.
- Kholina, VN, Naumov, AS, Rodionova, IA 2009, Socio-Economic Geography of the World: a Reference Manual, Drofa, Moscow.
- Kholina, VN, Naumov, AS, Rodionova, IA 2013, Geography. Profile Level: Atlas, Drofa, Moscow.
- Pelyasov, AN 2012, Synergy in space: regional innovation systems, clusters and knowledge spillovers, Oikumena, Smolensk. Available from: <http://www.ecoross.ru/files/ books2012/Pelyasov,%20ed.,%202012.pdf>. [22 May 2013].
- Rodionova, IA 2012, ‘World manufacturing industry: structural and spatial shifts’, Analele Universitatii din Bucuresti (Romania). Geografie, LXI/2012, pp. 55-67. Available from: <http://www.annalsreview.geo.unibuc.ro/2012/Rodionova. pdf>. [10 September 2013].
- Rodionova, IA & Kokuytseva, TV 2010, ‘Structural changes of world industry in post-industrial society and structural shifts in the world high-tech production allocation’ in Processes of Transformation of Industry and Services in selected countries, eds Z Zioło and T Rachwał., Warsawa-Krakow, no. 16, pp. 38-51. Available from: <http://prace-kgp.up.krakow. pl/article/view/222/138>. [10 September 2013].
- Rodionova, IA & Sholudko, AN 2008, ‘The transformation of labor and employment in post-industrial society’, Bulletin of Geography: Socio-economic series, no. 9. pp. 21-31. Available from: <http://www.degruyter.com/view/j/bog.2008.9.issue--1/v10089-008-0002-x/v10089-008-0002-x.xml?rskey=VxM0UP&result=1>. [10 May 2013].
- Rodionova, IA 2000, Makrogeografiya industry of the world. Textbook for university students. Moscow, Moscow High School.
- Rodionova, IA 2002, Industry of the world: territorial shifts in the second half of the twentieth century, Moscow.
- Rodionova, IA 2009, World economy: structural changes and trends (from the second half of XX to the beginning of XXI century), Moscow.
- Rodionova, IA 2010, World economy: industrial sector, Moscow.
- Rodionova, IA 2013, ‘Competitiveness of countries in the world innovation economy: East-Central Europe and Russia’, Quaestiones Geographicae 32(2), Bogucki Wydawnictwo Naukowe, Poznań, pp. 15-24. Available from: <http://geoinfo.amu.edu.pl/qg/current/quageo-2013-0010.pdf.> [10 May 2013].
- Science Report 2010, The Current Status of Science Around the World. NY, UNESCO. Available from: <http://stats.uis.unesco.org/unesco/ReportFolders/ReportFolders.aspx?IF_ ActivePath=P,54&IF_Language=eng>. [15 January 2013].
- United Nations Industrial Development Organization 2011, Industrial energy efficiency for sustainable wealth creation. Available from: <http://www.unido.org/fileadmin/user_media/Publications/IDR/2011/UNIDO_FULL_REPORT_EBOOK. pdfl>. [16 May 2013].
- United Nations Industrial Development Organization 2013, Industrial Yearbook of Industrial statistics. Available from: <http://www.unido.org/resources/publications/flagshippublications/ international-yearbook-of-industrial-Statistics. html>. [19 May 2013].
Publication order reference