STUDENTS’ OPINIONS ABOUT THE SUBJECT OF SECURITY EDUCATION IN UPPER SECONDARY SCHOOLS
Languages of publication
The article is empirical and constitutes a qualitative analysis of students’ attitudes towards the implementation of the subject of Security Education in upper secondary schools to which they attended. The research attention was focused on the form of conducting classes, issues raised on the subject, assessment of their usefulness and proposals for improvements presented by students. The self-assessment of self-attitude towards the subject and level involved in the acquisition of the core curriculum was also presented.
- Act of November 21, 1967 on the Universal Defense of the Republic of Poland, Journal ofLaws of 2004 No. 241, item 2416.
- Constitution of the Republic of Poland of 2 April 1997, Journal of Laws of 1997 No. 78,item 483.
- Domalewska, D., 2017. Approaches to studying across culturally contrasting groups: Implications for Security Education. Security and Defence Quarterly, 3(16), 3-19.
- Falkowski, Z., 2016. Outline of the problem of defensive education of youth in the years1946-1990. In A. Skrabacz, I. Urlych, L. Kanarski (eds), Uniform classes from theory togood practices. Wydawnictwo Akademii Obrony Narodowej, Warsaw.
- https://men.gov.pl/pl/zycie-szkoly/ksztalcenie-ogolne/ramowe-plany-nauczania [Accessed19 Jan 2018].
- https://men.gov.pl/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/8c.pdf [Accessed 17 Jan 2018].
- Odziemkowski, J., 1996. Army and society II Republic of Poland. Bellona, Warsaw.
- Pieczywok, A., 2012. Edukacja dla bezpieczeństwa wobec zagrożeń i wyzwań i zagrożeńwspółczesności. Wydawnictwo AON, Warsaw.
- Regulation of the Minister of National Education of 14 June 2017 amending the regulationon the manner of implementation of Security Education, Journal of Laws of 2017,item 1239.
- Urych, I., 2016. Military class in Poland – experiences and perspectives. Security andDefence Quarterly, 2(11), 112–134.
- Urych, I., 2017. Students of military classes concerning selected aspects of Poland’snational security. An empirical study. Security and Defence Quarterly, 4(17), 21-47.
- Urych, I., 2017. Values of military-grade students – research results analysis. ZeszytyNaukowe ASzWoj, 4(109), 148-177.
Publication order reference