Kwakryzm liberalny jako religia pluralizmu religijnego
Liberal Quakerism as a religion of religious pluralism
Languages of publication
The article suggests that liberal Quakerism could become a religion of liberal pluralism (the latter term is conceived of as an alternative to exclusivism and inclusivism). The article discusses the opinion of Pink Dandelion that the contemporary liberal Quakerism is ruled by the total skepticism, showing that this skepticism is not a Quaker outlook but only a way of common life for people belonging to different, private worldviews. Skepticism is a self-restrain for those people who, having different private worldviews, want to worship together in silence. Quaker religious pluralism seems also to be a good alternative to essentially ineffective interfaith dialogue.
- Advices and Queries. The Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) in Britain, 2008, brak miejsca wydania
- Arintero J. G., Evolución mística, Salamanca 1989
- Barbour H., The Quakers in Puritan England, New Haven, London 1964.
- Brinton H. H., Quakerism and Other Religions, Wallingford, PA: Pendle Hill Publications, 1950.
- Dandelion P., An Introduction to Quakerism, Cambridge 2007.
- Dandelion P., The Creation of Coherence: The ‘Quaker double-culture’ and the ‘absolute perhaps’, w: The Quaker Condition. The Sociology of Liberal Religion, ed. P. Dandelion, P. Collins, Newcastle 2008, s. 22-37.
- Dandelion P., Open for Transformation. Being Quaker. The 2014 Swarthmore Lecture, London 2014.
- Dandelion P., The Quakers. A Very Short Introduction, Oxford 2008.
- Davie M., British Quaker Theology Since 1895, New York, Queenston, Lampeter, 1997.
- Davie M., Reflections on an Ecumenical Pilgrimage, w: The Creation of Quaker Theory. Insider Perspectives, ed. P. Dandelion, Hants, Burlington 2004, s. 188-205.
- Eddy P. R., John Hick's Pluralist Philosophy of World Religions, Eugene, Oregon, 2015.
- Hampton J., The British Quaker Survey 2013. Examining Religious Beliefs and Practices in the 21st Century. Unpublished MSc thesis, University of Lancaster, 2013, https://www.woodbrooke.org.uk/data/files/CPQS/British_Quaker_survey_2013_initial_findings.pdf, dostęp: 06.12.2014.
- Isichei E., Victorian Quakers, London 1970.
- The Journal of George Fox, ed. J. L. Nickalls, Cambridge 2014.
- Linton J., Quakerism as Forerunner, w: Quaker Universalist Reader, Number 1, A Collection of Essays, Addresses and Lectures, Landenberg, PA 1986.
- Punshon J., Letter to a Universalist, Wallingford, PA: Pendle Hill Publications, 1989.
- Quaker Faith and Practice. The Book of Christian Discipline of the Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) in Britain, London 1998.
- Spencer C. D., Holiness. The Soul of Quakerism: An Historical Analysis of the Theology of Holiness in the Quaker Tradition (Studies in Christian History and Thought), Milton Keynes; Colorado Springs, CO 2007.
Publication order reference