Methodological approaches to assessment of the efficiency of business entities activity
Languages of publication
The management of stable development of business entities requires the improvement of methodological approaches regarding their efficiency assessment. We think that the efficiency assessment should conduct a comparative analysis with other economic entities regarding the effectiveness of using existing amount of material, financial and labor resources. For a comparative assessment of the operational efficiency of Ukrainian enterprises authors suggested the method of frontier stochastic analysis. The essence of this approach is to build a standard enterprise with the highest efficiency indicators and calculation of the efficiency coefficients. According to the results of statistical hypotheses testing it is determined that the translog function with the truncated distribution of a random component best describes the investigated functional dependences. According to the results of modeling the efficiency coefficients for every enterprise and period of investigation were received and on the basis of them the ranking of enterprises efficiency was made.
- Battese, G., & Coelli, T. (1995). Model for technical inefficiency effects in a stochastic frontier production function for panel data. Emperical Economics, 20, 325-332.
- Cherep, A. V., & Sinyekayeva, O. D. (2014). Methodical principles of an estimation of efficienacctivity of the enterprises of mechanical engineering. Business Inform, 4, 124-129.
- Coelli, T. (1996). A guide to frontier version 4.1: A computer program for stochastic frontier production and cost function estimation. CEPA Working Papers, 7, 33.
- SMIDA (2017). Stock market infrastructure development agency of Ukraine (SMIDA). Database system of Stock market infrastructure development agency of Ukraine. Retrieved March 3, 2017 from http://www.smida.gov.ua/about
- Fic, М., & Malinowski, M. (2016). Communication infrastructure and enterprise effectiveness. Retrieved March 3, 2017 from Springer International Publishing Switzerland: link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-319-21139-8_4
- Grechko, A. V., & Grechuxin, A. S. (2016). Estimation of efficiency of production activity of the enterprise. Retrieved March 3, 2017 from http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/pdf/1_2016/44.pdf
- Hohlov, M. P., & Baly`kov, S. V. (2012). Determination of indicators for assessing the effectiveness of the enterprise. Bulletin of the National Technical University. Retrieved March 3, 2017 from http://repository.kpi.kharkov.ua/handle/KhPI-Press/6073
- Jenkins, G. P. (1984). Evaluation of performance of industrial public enterprises: criteria and policies. Development Discussion Papers, 7 , 13-23.
- Kotane, I., & Kuzmina-Merlino, I. (2012). Assessment of financial indicators for evaluation of business performance. European Integration Studies. Retrieved March 3, 2017 from http://www.eis.ktu.lt/index.php/EIS/article/view/1554
- Matyux, S. A. (2014). Research of modern methods of assessing the effectiveness of organizations. Economic analysis, 3, 79-85 .
- Nickell, S., Nicolitsas, D., & Dryden, N. (1997). What makes firms perform well. European Economic Review, 1, 783-796.
- Sun, W. (2011). Study on performance evaluation of enterprise. Key Engineering Materials, 467-469, 1122-1125. Retrieved March 3, 2017 from http://subject.org.cn/
Publication order reference