Trzy chóry muzyczne w zabytkowym kościele w Binarowej
THREE ORGAN GALLERIES IN ANTIQUE CHURCH IN BINAROWA
Languages of publication
The impetus to take up this subject are three organ galleries, which exist to this day in church in Binarowa. is disquisition attempts to resolve this question. is article is about Catholics in Binarowa and their ways of nding them- selves in 1st half of XVII century in a village, which was managed by Calvinist tenantry. e village, founded by the king Casimir III the Great, was inhabited by German settlers, so the Reformation di used easily. e chapel “for polish sermons“, built next to the Corpus Christi Church in Biecz, was stimulus to similar actions in Binarowa. Originally, for this reason, prepared vestry for the purposes of cult. Inside built organ gallery for congregation. Probably in 20s of XVII w., the chapel also with organ gallery was added to existing church. In 1634 it was took over by Fraternity of St. Guardian Angels and to this day it is called ‘Chapel of Guardian Angels’. Original organ gallery raises up in the nave of the church, over the western entrance.
Publication order reference