The article presents Grudziądz’s sculpture projects by Ignacy Zelek (1894–1961) – an artist born in Taraszówka near Krosno, a graduate of the Academy of Fine Arts in Krakow, who spent most of his creative life in Toruń. In 1931–1958, the sculptor was commissioned six projects in Grudziądz: a monument to Józef Piłsudski funded by the soldiers of the Gendarmerie Training Centre in Grudziądz in the courtyard of the barracks of King Władysław Łokietek (1931); an altar in the garrison church of St. Stanislaus of Szczepanów (1934); a statue of Stanisław Moniuszko in the garden in front of the Grudziadz theater (1935); a monument to Jan Cholewicz, an insurgent of 1863, which was to be erected at a military cemetery (not implemented due to the outbreak of World War II); a bas-relief in the theater, above the stage, depicting the figures of Apollo and Melpomene (1948) and a monument in honor of the ten murdered (1958). The individual parts of the article describe the biography of Ignacy Zelek, as well as the origins, iconography and style of all objects. Only the monument in honor of the ten murdered has survived to the present day, which after restoration work in 1998–1999 is still located on the square at Aleja Marszałka Piłsudskiego. All other monuments were destroyed as a result of the war campaing of 1939, and the bas-relief in the theater was removed during the extensive renovation works at the turn of the 1960s and 1970s.