Negocjowanie programu nauczania języka obcego z uczniami w Polsce
Negotiating a foreign language syllabus with students in Poland
Languages of publication
This paper aims to explore the rationale of classroom negotiation - understood as a discussion between all participants in the teaching/learning process to decide on the organization of foreign language learning and teaching. It outlines relevant issues connected with the process syllabus and the benefits that can be expected from involving students in classroom decision making. The article presents results of research conducted in Polish schools among both students and teachers at different levels of education in order to see to what extent the foreign language syllabus is negotiated there.
- Bloor, M. i Bloor, T. 1988. “Syllabus negotiation: the basis of learner autonomy” (w) Individualization and Autonomy in Language Learning. ELT documents 131. (red. A. Brookes i P. Grundy). London: Modern English Publications and the British Council.
- Breen, M. 1987. “Contemporary paradigms in syllabus design”. Language Teaching 20, cz. 1 i 2, 81 – 92, 157 – 174.
- Breen, M. i Littlejohn, A. 2000. “The significance of negotiation” (w) Classroom Decision-Making. Negotiation and Process Syllabuses in Practice. (red. M. Breen i A. Littlejohn). Cambridge: CUP.
- Breen, M. i Littlejohn, A. 2000. “The practicalities of negotiations” (w) Classroom Decision-Making. Negotiation and Process Syllabuses in Practice. (red. M. Breen i A. Littlejohn). Cambridge: CUP.
- Budd, R i Wright, T. 1992. “Putting a process syllabus into practice” (w) Collaborative Language Learning and Teaching. (red. D. Nunan). Cambridge: CUP.
- Ellis, R. 1994. The Study of Second Language Acquisition. Oxford: OUP.
- Long, M. 1981. “Input, interaction and second language acquisition” (w) Native Language and Foreign Language Acquisition. (red. H. Winitz, 32 – 47). New York: New York Academy of Science.
- McDevitt, B. 2004.”Negotiating the syllabus: a win-win situation?”. ELT Journal 58(1), 3 – 9.
- Nowak, S. 2008. Metodologia badań społecznych. Warszawa: Wydawnictwo Naukowe PWN.
- Nunan, D. 1999. Second Language Teaching and Learning. Boston: Heinle & Heinle Publishers.
- Rogers, C. 1969. Freedom to Learn. Colombus, OH: Merrill.
- Sudman, S. 1976. Applied Sampling. Orlando: Orlando Academics Press.
- Underhill, A. 1989. “Process in humanistic education”. English Language Teaching Journal, 43 (4), 250-260.
- Tudor, I. 1996. Learner-centredness as Language Education. Cambridge: CUP.
- Widdowson, H.G. 1978. Teaching Language as Communication. Oxford: OUP.
Publication order reference