Piłka nożna kobiet w społeczeństwach współczesnych: między emancypacją a marginalizacją
Women's football in contemporary societies: between emancipation and marginalization
Languages of publication
The article is devoted to analysing the phenomenon of women's football in contemporary world. A situation in various countries are taken into account including United States of America, Brasil and China. The problem of women's access to fooball is considered against the background of emancipation, but also masculinization and sexualization of their identity and bodies.
- Allison R., Who Sells Women’s Soccer? [w:] Contexts. Understanding People in the Social Worlds, 5 June 2015: http://contexts.org/blog/what-sells-womens-soccer/ Cox B., Thompson S., Facing the Bogey: Women, Football and Sexuality, Football Studies, 2001, 4, 2: http://library.la84.org/SportsLibrary/FootballStudies/2001/FS0402d.pdf
- da Costa L.M., Beauty, Effort and Talent: A Brief History of Brazilian Women’s Soccer, [w:] Soccer in Brazil, red. M. Curi, Abingdon 2015.
- Edwards E., The Promises and Possibilities of the Pitch: 1990s Leadies League Soccer Players as Fin-de-siècle Modern Girls, [w:] Modern Girls on the Go: Gender, Mobility and Labor in Japan, red. A. Freedman, L. Miller, C.R. Yano, Stanford 2013.
- Fasting K., Small Country – Big Results: Women’s Football in Norway, Soccer and Society, 2003, 2-3.
- Freedman A., Miller L., Yano C.R., You Go Girl! Cultural Meanings of Gender, Mobility, and Labour, [w:] Modern Girls on the Go: Gender, Mobility and Labor in Japan, red. A, Freedman, L. Miller, C.R. Yano, Stanford 2013.
- Grainey T.F., Beyond „Bend It Like Beckham”: The Global Phenomenon of Women’s Soccer, Lincoln 2012.
- Gromkowska-Melosik A., Edukacja i (nie)równość społeczna kobiet. Studium dynamiki dostępu, Kraków 2011.
- Hameed F., Brazil’s female „Pele” fights for equality; 24.06.2014: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20140624005922-14124525-brazil-s-female-pele-fights-for-equality Hjelm J., The bad female football player: women’s football in Sweden, Soccer and Society, 2011, 12, 2.
- Hong F., Mangan J.A., Will the Iron Roses Bloom Forever? Women’s Football in China: Changes and Challenges, [w:] Soccer, Women, Sexual Liberation: Kicking off a New Era, red. F. Hong, J.A. Mangan, London 2004.
- Horne J., Globalizing Sport Studies Series Wditor’s Preface, [w:] R. Kietlinski, Japanese Women and Sport. Beyond Basseball and Sumo, London 2011.
- http://awfulannouncing.com/2015/fifa-com-article-on-alex-morgans-looks-isproblematic- but-because-of-the-outlet.html
- Jinxia D., Mangan J., Ascending then Descending. Women’s Soccer in Modern China, Soccer and Society, 2002, 3, 2.
- Kietlinski R., Japanese Women and Sport. Beyond Basseball and Sumo, London 2011.
- Kjær J.B., Agergaard S., Understandiong Women’s Professional Soccer. The Case of Denmark and Sweden, Soccer and Society, 2013, 14, 6.
- Knijnik J., Femininities and Masculinities in Brazilian Women’s Football: Resistance and Compliance, Journal of International Women's Studies, 2015, 16, 3.
- Krane V., We Can be Athletic and Feminine, But Do We Want To? Challenging Hegemonic Femininity in Women’s Sport, QUEST, 2001, 51.
- Markovits A.S., Hellerman S.L., Women’s Soccer in the United States: Yet Another American „Exceptionalism”, [w:] Soccer, Women, Sexual Liberation: Kicking off a New Era, red. F. Hong, J.A. Mangan, London 2004.
- McCormack C., Walseth K., Combining Elite Women’s Soccer and Education. Norway and NCAA, Soccer and Society, 2013, 14, 6.
- Moreira R.P., Marta past Messi: (re)definitions of gender and masculinity, patriarchal structures and female agency in international soccer, Soccer and Society, 2014, 15, 4.
- Pfister G., The future of football is female!? On the past and present of women's football in Germany, [w:] German football: history, culture, society, red. A. Tomlinson, Ch. Young, London 2006.
- Pieper L., The Beleaguered History of the Women’s World Cup, [w:] Sport in American History, 2.07.2015: https://ussporthistory.com/2015/07/02/the-beleaguered-history-of-thewomens-world-cup/
- Portrayal of Players: Abby Wambach vs. Alex Morgan, [w:] Soccer Politics. A Discussion Forum about the Power of the Global Game: https://sites.duke.edu/wcwp/world-cupguides/world-cup-2015-guide/media-coverage-of-the-2015-world-cup/sexism-inthe-media/portrayal-of-players-abby-wambach-vs-alex-morgan/
- Reck G.G., Dick B.A., American Soccer. History, Culture, Class, Jefferson 2015.
- Russel D., Associating with Football. Social Identity in England 1863-1998, [w:] Football Cultures and Identities, red. G. Armstrong, R. Giulianotti, London 1999.
- Taft J.K., Girl Power Politics: Pop-culture Barriers and Organizational Resistance, [w:] All About Girls. Culture, Power, and Identity, red. A. Harris, New York 2004
Publication order reference