The Wedding Ceremony Among the Bedouins in the North of Israel
Ceremonia ślubna Beduinów z północy Izraela
Languages of publication
The paper shows a review of the changes that have occurred in the wedding ceremony and the process of the choosing of the spouse among the Bedouins in the North of Israel, in comparison between past and present, with emphasis of the changes that have occurred in this process. The findings of the research study are based on field research and observations in the Bedouin community in the North of Israel.
- Alatuna M., The Relationship between the Status of the Bedouin Wife (Legal and Common Law) and Her Self-Image and Psychological Wellbeing, Bar Ilan University, 1993. (Hebrew)
- Ariel M., The Education of Women, Intelligent Investment or Gambling on the Wrong Horse, Venus, 1988, 16. (Hebrew)
- Cohen A., The Arab World of Our Time, Merhavya, 1958. (Hebrew)
- Devereux G., Basic Problems of Ethnopsychiatry, London 1908.
- Ferdows A.K., The Status and Rights of Women in Ithna Ashri Shic Islam, [in:] Women and the Family in Iran, Ed. A. Fathi, E.J. Brill, Leiden 1985.
- Habash E., Processes of Change and Modernization in the Arab Family, The Institute for the Research of Labour and Welfare, Jerusalem 1977. (Hebrew)
- Haleh A., The Legal, Social and Political Position of Women in Iran, International Journal of the Sociology of Law, February 1985, 13.
- Hondat G., Wives of One Husband Are a Source of Conflict, Sdeh Boker Study, 1973. (Hebrew)
- Levy S., The Bedouin Family in the Sinai, The Society for the Protection of Nature, Tel Aviv 1979. (Hebrew)
- Mandevi S., The Position of Woman In Shica Iran Views of the Culama, [in:] Women and the Family in the Middle-East, Ed. E. Warnock Fernea, Texas University Press, 1985.
- Meir A., Delivering Essential Services to Arid Zone Nomads, [in:] Desert Development: Men Technology in Sparse Lands, Ed. Y. Gradus, Dordrecht 1985.
- Michael M., Fischer G., Iran from Religious Dispute to Revolution, Harvard University Press, London 1980.
- Rimlet E., Patterns of Use of Services and Patterns of Employment of Bedouin Women after Their
- Exposure to the Process of Development: The Case of Salma Village, Records on the Topic of the Bedouin, 1991, 22. (Hebrew)
- Rosenfeld H., They Were Fellahim [Peasants], HaKibbutz HaMeuchad Press, 1964. (Hebrew)
- Sabak A., Chapter of Alsuna, Beirut 1987. (Arabic)
- Stendel U., The Status of the Arab Woman in Israel, Social Security, 1975, 9-10. (Hebrew)
Publication order reference