Kształcenie policjantów w Stanach Zjednoczonych (wybrane podejścia i tendencje)
Police Training in the United States of America (selected approaches and tendencies)
Languages of publication
The article reconstructs selected contexts of police training in the United States of America. The narration concentrates on the historical origins of police training as well as on the dominant relevant trends in presentday American society. Furthermore, the paper seeks to compare the two ways of thinking about police training which influencethe training programs in police academies. The author presents methods of shaping the identity of policemen, the firstof which is a military model and the second one is an academic model. The text focuses moreover on the evolution of the operating system of the American police: from intervention-oriented to a community-oriented model, which is constantly gaining importance in some police training programs.
- Bailey W.G. (red.), The Encyclopedia of Police Science, New York 1995.
- Brand R.F., Peak K., Assessing police training curricula: “Consumer reports”, The Justice Professional, 1995, 9(1).
- Brandl S.G., Police in America, Thousand Oaks 2018.
- Capps L.E., Characteristics of an Ideal Police Officer, https://leb.fbi.gov/articles/perspective/perspective-characteristics-of-an-ideal-police-officer, [dostęp: 20.12.2017].
- Chappell A.T., Police academy training: comparing across curricula, Policing: An International Journal of Police Strategies & Menagment, 2008, 31, 1.
- Haberfeld M.R., Critical Issues in Police Training, New York 2002.
- Larsen C., Garrett J.R., Crime, Justice, and Society, Thousand Oaks, CA 2003.
- Lawrence N., Good Characteristics for a Police Officer, https://classroom.synonym.com/good-characteristics-for-a-police-officer-13583856.html, [dostęp: 20.12.2017].
- Palmiotto M.J., An Overwiev of police training through the decades: Current issues and problems, [w:] Policing and Training Issues, red. M.J. Palmiotto, New York 2003.
- Palmiotto M.J., Birzer M.L., Prabha Unnithan N., Training in community policing, Policing: An International Journal of Police Strategies & Management, 2000, 23, 1.
- Reaves B.A., State and Local Law Enforcement Training Academies, 2013, https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/slleta13.pdf, 2016, s. 1, [dostęp: 21.12.2017].
- Trojanowicz R.C., Bucqueroux B., Community Policing: A Contemporary Perspective, Cincinnati, OH 1990.
- United States Capitol Police, Police Officer Academy Training, https://www.uscp.gov/police-officer-academy-training, [dostęp: 18.12.2017].
- Vollmer A., The Police and the Modern Society, New York 1971.
- White M.D., Escobar G., Making good cops in the twenty first century: Emerging issues for the effective recruitment, selection and training of police in the United States and abroad, International Review of Law, Computers and Technology, 2008, 22, 102.
- Wilson M., Grammich C.A., Police recruitment and retention in the contemporary urban environment: A national discussion of personnel experiences and promising practices from the front lines, Santa Monica, CA 2009.
- Workman-Stark A.L.L., Inclusive Policing from the Inside-Out, Springer 2017.
- Wulf J.W., Training Curriculum at Pensylvania Municipal Police Academie, 2013, https://knowledge.library.iup.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?referer=https://www.google.pl/&httpsredir=1&article=1362&context=etd
Publication order reference