Modernization in Israeli Arab Society – Parent Intervention Prog
Languages of publication
The main objective of this article to review the advantages and effectiveness of the parental interventionprogram based on the conceptual model, in which the parents are agents of change in the raising of theawareness and the increase of the knowledge about the developmental changes during adolescenceand the reinforcement of the authoritative parenting style, and to examine whether the proposed parentalintervention will lead to the promotion of health behaviors, including the improvement of sleeppatterns, the limitation of the exposure to media, and the improvement of the quality of life amongArab adolescents.
- Absoy G., Relations between Parents of Adolescents as a Function of Culture and Values, M.A. Thesis, Department of Education, Haifa University 1999 (Hebrew).
- Al-Haj M., Family Life Styles in an Arab City in Israel, Doctoral Dissertation, The Hebrew University, Jerusalem 1983 (Hebrew).
- Al-Haj M., Social Change and Family Processes: Arab Communities in Shefar-am, Brown University, Westview 1987.
- Alhiadari A., Patriarchy and Issue of Gender among Arabs, DaarAlsaki, Beirut 2003 (Arabic).
- Anabusi N., Relations between Communication Style and Parenting Style and Communication and Style of Conflict Resolution in the Family among Arab Adolescents, M.A. Thesis, The Department of Psychology, Haifa University 2007 (Hebrew).
- Bei B., Byrne M.L., Lvens C., Waloszek J., Wood M.J., Dudgeon P., Murray G., Nichols C., Trinder J., Allen N.B., Pilot Study of a Mindfulness-Based, Multi-Component, In-School Group Sleep Intervention in Adolescent Girls, Early Intervention in Psychiatry, 2012.
- Cain N., Gradisar M., Moseley L.A., Motivational School-Based Intervention for Adolescents Sleep Problems, Sleep Medicine, 2011, 12.
- Dwairy M., Addressing the Repressed Needs of the Arabic Client, Cultural Diversity and Mental Health, 1997, 3(1).
- Dwairy M., Cross-Cultural Counseling: The Arab-Palestinian Case, Haworth Press, New York 1998.
- Dwairy M., Parenting Styles and Psychological Adjustment of Arab Adolescents Transcultural, Psychiatry, 2004. 41(2).
- Dwairy M., Achoui M., Introduction to Three Cross-Regional Research Studies on Parenting Styles, Individuation, and Mental Health in Arab Societies, Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology, 2006, 37.
- Dwairy M., Menshar K.E., Parenting Style, Individuation, and Mental Health Of Egyptian Adolescents, Journal of Adolescence, 2006, 29.
- Flint-Bretler O., The Influence of Parental Intervention on the Exposure to Media and Sleep Patterns among Adolescents, Doctoral Dissertation, Haifa University, Authority for Advanced Studies 2013 (Hebrew).
- Haj Yahia M., The Arab Family in Israel: Its Cultural Values and Their Connection to Social Work, Society and Welfare, 1994, 14 (Hebrew).
- Haj Yahia M., Couples and Parents in the Arab Family in Israel: Processes of Change and Preservation in Three Generations, Ph.D. dissertation, School of Social Work, Haifa University 2006 (Hebrew).
- Hakim S., Parental Authority and the Development of Intimacy in Single-Sex and Dual Sex Groups among Arab Youths, M.A. Thesis, Department of Psychology, Haifa University 2006 (Hebrew).
- Hallberg A.C., Hakansson A., Training Program for Parents of Teenagers: Active Parental Participation in Development and Implementation, Journal of Child Health Care, 2003, 7.
- Jordan A.B., Hersey J.C., McDivit J.A., Heitzler C.D., Reducing Children Television-Viewing Time: A Qualitative Study of Parents and Their Children, Pediatrics, 2006, 118 (5).
- Kazdin A.E., Whitley M.K., Treatment of Parental Stress to Enhance Therapeutic Change among Children Referred for Aggressive and Antisocial Behavior, Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 2003, 71.
- Lara M.A., Navarro C., Acevedo M., Berenzon S., Mondragon L., Rubi N.A., A Psycho-Educational Intervention for Depressed Women: A Qualitative Analysis of the Process. Psychology and Psychotherapy: Theory, Research and Practice, 2004, 77.
- Moshe-Cohen H., The Influence of Adlerian Intervention in the PEP Method on Parents in the Instruction Group, Master Thesis, Haifa University, Faculty of Education, Department for Counseling and Human Development 2015 (Hebrew).
- Nelson S.K., Kushlev K., English T., Dunn E.W., Lyubomirsky S., In Defense of Parenthood: Children Are Associated with More Joy than Misery, Psychological Science, 2013, 24.
- Perach P., Parent-Child Relation and Emotional Social Functioning of Arab Adolescents, M.A. Thesis, Department of Education, Haifa University 2002 (Hebrew).
- Prochaska J.O., DiClemente C.C., Transtheoretical Therapy toward a More Integrative Model of Change, Psychotherapy: Theory Researches and Practice, 1982, 19.
- Rosenfeld H., Change, Barriers to Change, and Contradictions in the Rural Family, [In:] The Arabs in Israel – Continuity and Change, Ed. A. Laish, Magnes, Jerusalem 1981 (Hebrew).
- Sharabany R., Eshel Y., Hakem C., Boyfriend, Girlfriend in Traditional Society: Parenting Styles and Development of Intimate Friendships among Arabs In School, International Journal of Behavioral Development, 2006, 32(1).
- Smith R.M., Eastman I.C., Shift Work: Health, Performance and Safety Problems, Traditional Countermeasures, and Innovative Management Strategies to Reduce Circadian Misalignment, Nature and Science of Sleep, 2012, 33.
- Steinberg L., Duncan P., Work Group IV: Increasing the Capacity of Parents, Families, and Adults Living with Adolescents to Improve Adolescent Health Outcomes, Journal of Adolescent Health, 2002, 31.
- Weisner T.S., The American Dependency Conflict: Continuities and Discontinuities in Behavior and Values of Countercultural Parents and Their Children, Ethos, 2001, 39.
Publication order reference