“Canada will not stand idly by ...”: Ukraine in the Foreign Policy of Canada
Languages of publication
Ukraine has always had a special place in Canadian foreign policy. Currently, Canada is deeply engaged in supporting Ukraine to restore political and economic stability and to implement democratic reforms. The Government in Ottawa has condemned Russian aggressive policy and the illegal military occupation of Crimea and has taken a variety of steps and initiatives since the beginning of the crisis in Ukraine in 2014 including imposing sanctions, economic and military assistance, and supporting of NATO measures.
- 2005: THE YEAR IN REVIEW. Canada feels effects of Orange Revolution, “The Ukrainian Weekly”, 2006, http://www.ukrweekly.com/old/archive/2006/030617.shtml 20 January 2015.
- Baird J., Kanada i Polska stoją ramię w ramie, “Gazeta Wyborcza”, 25 April 2014, http://m.wyborcza.pl/wyborcza/1,105405,15852734,Kanada_i_Polska_stoja_ramie_w_ramie.html 27 November 2014.
- Canadian soldiers landing in Ukraine to train military police, defense minister says, “National Post” 8 December 2014, http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/12/08/canadian-soldiers-landing-in-ukraine-to-train-military-police-defense-minister-says 20 January 2015.
- Elliot F., Niewyspany czy raczej upokorzony? Władimir Putin wcześniej opuścił szczyt G20 w Brisbane. “Polska. The Times”, 17 November 2014, http://www.polskatimes.pl/artykul/3650334,niewyspany-czy-raczej-upokorzony-wladimir-putin-wczesniej-opuscil-szczyt-g20-wbrisbane,1,id,t,sa.html 20 January 2015.
- Embassy of Ukraine in Canada, 31 March 1994, Joint Declaration on Special Partnership between Canada and Ukraine, http://www.infoukes.com/ukremb/agreem-940331e.shtml 15 January 2015.
- G20: Canadian prime minister shirtfronts Vladimir Putin instead, “The Guardian”, 16 November 2014, http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/nov/15/g20-canadian-prime-minister-shirtfronts-vladimir-putin-instead 20 January 2015.
- Galloway G., Canada to impose more economic sanctions, travel bans against Russians, “The Globe and Mail”, 19 December 2014, http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/canada-to-impose-more-sanctions-travel-bans-against-russians/article22162907/ 15 January 2015.
- Harper S., Our duty is to stand firm in the face of Russian aggression, “The Globe and Mail”, 25 July 2014, http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-debate/our-duty-is-to-stand-firm-in-the-face-of-russian-aggression/article19767742/ 15 January 2015.
- Kanada. MSZ: będą nowe sankcje wobec rosyjskiego przemysłu wydobywczego, „Gazeta Wyborcza”. 19 December 2014, http://wyborcza.pl/1,91446,17162890,Kanada_MSZ__beda_nowe_sankcje_wobec_rosyjskiego_przemyslu.html 20 December 2014.
- Loriggio P., Canada sending military supplies to Ukraine for border security, “The Globe and Mail”, 7 August 2014, http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/canada-sending-military-equipment-to-ukraine-for-border-security/article19952287 15 January 2015.
- Parliament of Canada, Address of Excellency Petro Poroshenko, President of Ukraine to both Houses of Parliament in the House of Commons Chamber, 17 September 2014, http://www.parl.gc.ca/Content/LOP/About/parliament/speeches/Poroshenko-e.htm 22 January 2015.
- Putin opuszcza G20, krytykuje “blokadę finansową” wschodu Ukrainy, “PAP. Polska Agencja Prasowa”, 16 November 2014, http://www.pap.pl/palio/html.run?_Instance=cms_www.pap.pl&_PageID=1&s=infopakiet&dz=swiat&idNewsComp=184837&filename=&idnews=188148&data=&status=biezace&_CheckSum=307261473 17 Novenber 2014.
Publication order reference