Dynamics in the Creative Sector between Rome and the Sea
Languages of publication
Over the last fifty years the tendency towards a dispersion of productive activities that emerged with globalisation and the advent of telematics have fuelled processes that are changing the structure of metropolitan areas across the world. Against the background of the general process of metropolisation, it is interesting nowadays to study the characteristics, structure and development trends of a vast “hybrid” area that has grown up around the established city of Rome. The subject of this work is an analysis of the creative sector between Rome and the sea, and the potential for future development in this area.
- Amin, A., Thrift N. Cities: reimagining the urban. Oxford, UK and Cambridge, Mass: Blackwell, 1994.
- Astengo, A. (ed.). “It. Urb. 80. Rapporto sullo stato dell’urbanizzazione in Italia.” Quaderni di Urbanistica Informazioni, no 8, vol. I (1990).
- Camagni, R. Principi di economia urbana e territoriale. Roma: Carocci, 1998.
- ESS net, 2012. “Culture 2009 final report.” [Online] available at: http://ec.europa.eu/culture/library/reports/ess-net-report_en.pdf (accessed 12/11/2016).
- Florida, R. The rise of the Creative Class. And how it’s transforming work, leisure and everyday life. New York: Basic Books, 2002.
- Frontier Economics, 2012. “The value of the cultural and creative industries to the European economy.” [Online], available at: http://www.aim.be/uploads/news_documents/Thevalueoftheculturalandcreative.pdf (accessed 12/11/2016).
- Hanssens, H., Derudder, B., Taylor, P.J., Hoyler, M., Huang, J., Yang, X., Witlox, F. “The changing geography of globalized service provision, 2000–2008.” The Service Industries Journal, Vol. 31 (14), (2011): 2293–2307.
- Hesmondhalgh, D. The cultural industries. London: Sage, 2002.
- Hesmondhalgh, D. Towards a Critique of Creative Industries Policy and Theory, Seminar 9, ESRC/AHRC Cultural Industries Seminar Network, April 2007. http://www.lse.ac.uk/geographyAndEnvironment/research/Currentresearchprojects/CI%20Presentation%20Dr%20Hesmondhalgh.doc (accessed on 26/11/2016).
- KEA. The economy of culture in Europe. Report prepared for the European Commission, Directorate-General for Education and Culture. Brussels, 2006.
- Koolhaas, R. Trasparenze metropolitane, Testo & Immagine, 1997.
- Leinberger, C. “The changing location of development and investment opportunities.” Urban Land, 54 (5) (1995).
- Leone, R., Struyk, R. “The incubator hypothesis: evidence from five SMAs.” Urban Studies, 13 (1976): 235–331.
- Pavia, R. Babele: la città della dispersione, Rome: Meltemi editore, 2002.
- Porter, M. Clusters and the new economics of competition. Harvard business review, Boston: Non/Dec 1998.
- Pratt, A.C. 2007. An economic geography of the cultural industries. London: LSE Research Online. [Online], available at: http://eprints.lse.ac.uk/855 (accessed on 27/11/2016).
- Pratt, A.C. “An economic geography of the cultural industries.” [In:] Leyshon, The Sage Handbook of Economic Geography. Eds. A. McDowell, Roger L. Lee, P. Sunley, London: Sage, 2011, 323–37. [Online], available at: http://eprints.lse.ac.uk/855 (accessed on 27/11/2016).
- Propris, De C., Chapain, P., Cooke, P., MacNeill, S., Mateos-Garcia, J. The Geography of Creativity. NESTA Interim report, 2009.
- Roberts, J. “The Internationalisation of Business Service Firms: A Stages Approach.” The Service Industries Journal, 1 (04) (1999).
- Scott, A.J. “Cultural economy and the creative field of the city.” Geografiska Annaler: Series B, Human Geography, 92 (2) (2010): 115–30.
- Sohn, J., et al. “Intra-metropolitan agglomeration, information technology and polycentric urban development.” [In:] Urban dynalics and Growth. R. Capello, P. Nijkamp, Elsevier, 2004.
- Soja, E.W. Postmetropolis: critical studies of cities and regions. Oxford, UK and Cambridge, Mass: Blackwell, 2000.
- Storper, M., Scott, A.J. “Rethinking human capital, creativity and urban growth.” Journal of Economic Geography, 9 (2) (2009): 147–67.
- Webber, M. 1963. “The urban place and the nonplace urban realm.” [In:] Explorations into urban structure. Ed. M. Webber et al., University of Pennsylvania Press, 1964.
Publication order reference