Organizational support of the crisis management mechanism of the industrial enterprises activity on the basis of reflexive approach
Languages of publication
Theoretical background: In today’s circumstances of volatility and uncertainty in the activities of industrial enterprises, there are always risks of emerging crisis phenomena. In such a situation, top management should realize that only a well-established system of crisis management will enable the timely detection of “weaknesses” and prevent the threat of bankruptcy of enterprises in the future. The establishment of this system can be ensured through the proper organizational support of the mechanism of crisis management, which, besides traditional tools, should take into account non-traditional, namely reflexive management tools. Ultimately, taking into account psychological factors of behaviour as well as rational ones is an important factor in the adoption of quality managerial decisions. The implementation of reflexive methods of influence on such subjects enables them to be inclined towards actions that are benefitial to the enterprise and contribute to its improvement, with a small financial expense, in order to constructively resolve conflict situations – the factors of occurrence of crisis phenomena.Purpose of the article: The purpose of the article is to substantiate the theoretical and applied principles of the organizational provision of the mechanism of crisis management regarding the activity of industrial enterprises, on the basis of the reflexive approach.Research methods: In the process of solving the tasks, general scientifi and special methods of research were used. The dialectical method allowed for the exploration of the components of the mechanism of crisis management of the activities of industrial enterprises and the stages of its organizational support in terms of their interconnection and interdependence. Analysis and synthesis were used to assess the activities ofindustrial enterprises with foreign investments in Ukraine and define the tasks of organizational support for their crisis management. Grouping, comparison and scientific synthesis were used in the development of recommendations for the use of a modern low-cost reflxive approach in the interaction of personnel of industrial enterprises with key stakeholders.Main findings: The development of organizational support for the mechanism of crisis management of industrial enterprises should include a sequence of stages: the analysis of the organizational structure of the enterprise; the analysis of job descriptions of personnel related to the implementation of the functions of crisis management of the enterprise; the allocation of new functions and the justifiation of the need to create additional structural units, as well as the regulation of their interaction; and the management of personnel resistance by innovation. The use of the reflexive approach in implementing the mechanism of crisis management regarding the activity of the industrial enterprise is a low-cost way of reforming the existing system in terms of its functioning and the impact of the company’s staff on stakeholders, in order to incline them to make the decisions necessary for the company to achieve the goals set out in the crisis programme.
- Athamneh, S. (2018). HR Planning for Crisis Management. Retrieved from https://www.intechopen.com/books/human-resource-planning-for-the-21st-century/hr-planning-for-crisis-management. doi: https://doi.org/10.5772/intechopen.75233
- Bundy, J., Pfarrer, M., Short, C., Coombs, T. (2016). Crises and Crisis Management: Integration, Interpretation, and Research Development. Journal of Management, 43(6), 1661-1692.
- doi: https://doi.org/10.1177/0149206316680030.
- CEMBUREAU. (2018). The European cement association. Retrieved from https://cembureau.eu [access: 20.06.2019].
- Dickerhoff Ukraine. (2018). Dyckerhoff GmbH. Retrieved from http://www.dyckerhoff.com.ua [access: 20.06.2019].
- Dovhan, D. (2013). Crisis management as a way to prevent insolvency of the corporation. Chernivtsi Institute of Trade and Economics Bulletin, 3, 152-156.
- Fener, T., Cevik, T. (2015). Leadership in Crisis Management: Separation of Leadership and Executive Concepts. Procedia Economics and Finance, 26, 695-701. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/S2212-5671(15)00817-5.
- Jankovska, L. (2013). Crisis human resources management in terms of organizational changes. Scientific notes Lviv University of Business and Law, 11, 9-13.
- Kesavan, S. (2016). Project Management in Times of Crisis. Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition & Conference. Abu Dhabi, UAE. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2118/182951-MS.
- Lihonenko, L. (2016). Crisis management of the enterprise in the conditions of knowledge economy and intellectualization of management. Economic forum, 1, 161-170.
- Mitsakis, V., Aravopoulou, E. (2016). The Impact of the Economic Crisis upon Human Resource Development (HRD): Evidence from two Greek Banks. International Journal of HRD Practice, Policy and Research, 1(2), 67-82. DOI: https://doi.org/10.22324/ijhrdppr.1.117.
- Parnell, J., Crandall, W. (2017). The contribution of behavioral economics to crisis management decision-making. Journal of Management & Organization, 1-16. doi: https://doi.org/10.1017/jmo.2017.60.
- Sapriel, C. (2003). Effective Crisis Management: Tools and Best Practice for the New Millennium. Journal of Communication Management, 7(4), 348-355. doi: https://doi.org/10.1108/13632540310807485.
- Statista. (2018). Statista – the portal for statistics. Retrieved from https://www.statista.com [access: 20.06.2019].
- Uitdewilligen, S., Waller, M. (2018). Information sharing and decision‐making in multidisciplinary crisis management teams. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 39(6), 731-748. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/job.2301.
- Ukrstat. (2018). State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua [access: 20.06.2019].
- Vardarlier, P. (2016). Strategic Approach to Human Resources Management During Crisis. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 235, 463-472. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2016.11.057.
Publication order reference