Non-Formal Education Event Governance Strategies
Languages of publication
Purpose – The present paper aims to characterize the main differences and similarities among different strategies of event governance. Beyond that, there is a study analysis on non-formal education event governance. Design/Methodology/Approach – The author’s approach is based on the literature review and research works survey, concerning the governance strategies. The last part of the paper covers the Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN) diagram and the Responsible-Accountable-Consulted-Informed (RACI) model for visualization of the basic processes, decisions and stakeholders’ roles in a non-formal education event.Findings – Based on the analysis, it was found that the most appropriate strategy for the non-formal education event is the strategy, which strongly emphasizes the role of event facilitator. That role is confronted with the roles of other event stakeholders. In the paper, the characteristics of a project are confronted with the features of event.Practical implications – The outcomes of the study can teach event managers how to share leadership and organize event activities.Original value – The original value of the paper is that governance strategies are discussed as well as an event organizing approach is presented.
- Almunawar, M.N., Cheng Low, P.K., Rahman, M.H., Mohiddin, F. (2012). From E-Government to E-Governance. Winning People’s Trust, [in:] A. Manoharan, M. Holzer (Eds.), E-Governance and Civic Engagement. Factors and Determinants of E-Democracy, IGI Global, Hershey, pp. 613–637.
- Blaschke, L.M. (2012). Heutagogy and Lifelong Learning: A Review of Heutagogical Practice and Self-Determined Learning, The International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning, Oldenburg University and University of Maryland University College, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 56–71.
- Bowdin, G., Allen, J., O’Toole, W., Harris, R., McDonnell, I. (2006). Events Management, Elsevier, Amsterdam.
- Cabag, R.C. (1999). Nonformal Education. A Handbook for Teacher Education Students, NFE Administrators, and Extension Program Implementors, Katha Publishing Co., Quezon City.
- Cadle, J., Yeates, D. (2008). Project Management for Information Systems, Prentice Hall, Harlow.
- Elia, G., Poce, A. (2010). Future Trends for “i-Learning” Experiences. In: G. Elia, A. Poce (eds.), Open Networked “i-Learning”, Models and Cases of “Next-Gen” Learning, Springer, New York, pp. 133–176.
- First Glossary, Knowledge Skills And Attitudes (KSA) Effects (2010). Retrieved September 20, 2016 from: http://www.firstebtn.eu/files/FIRST_Glossary.pdf
- Gattiker, U.E. (2013). Social Media Audit: Measure for Impact, Springer, Heidelberg.
- Germonprez, M., Kendall, J.E., Kendall, K.E., Young, B. (2014). Collectivism, Creativity, Competition, and Control in Open Source Software Development: Reflections on the Emergent Governance of the SPDX Working Group. International Journal of Information Systems and Management, vol. 1, no. 1/2, pp. 125–145.
- Hogan, Ch. (2002). Understanding Facilitation, Theory and Principles, Kogan Page, London.
- Kendall, J.E., Kendall, K.E. (1993). Metaphors and Methodologies: Living Beyond the Systems Machine. MIS Quarterly, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 149–170.
- Lee, H.G., Clark, T.H. (1999). Strategies in Response to the Potential of Electronic Commerce. Market Process Reengineering Through Electronic Market Systems: Opportunities and Challenges. In: R.D. Galliers, D.E. Leidner, B.S.H. Baker (eds.), Strategic Information Management. Challenges and Strategies in Managing Information Systems, Butterworth-Heinemann, Oxford.
- Lee Lock, L. (ed.), (2009). IT Governance in a Networked World. Multi-Sourcing Strategies and Social Capital for Corporate Computing, Information Science Reference, Hershey, pp. 13–34.
- Marchand, D.A. (2000). Competing with Information, Wiley & Sons, Chichester.
- Moreno-Jiménez, J.M., Piles, J.J., Ruiz Más, J., Salazar, J.L. (2006). E-Cognising: The E-Voting Tool for E-Cognocracy. Retrieved May 20, 2017 from: http://www.rij.eng.uerj.br/scientific/2008/sp082-03.pdf
- Mintzberg, H., Quinn, J.B. (1991). The Strategy Process, Concepts, Contexts, Cases, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs.
- Oleński, J. (2006). Infrastruktura informacyjna państwa w globalnej gospodarce, Uniwersytet Warszawski, Warszawa.
Publication order reference