Determining the Key Factors for the Advertisement on Micro Cinema Using Grey Relational Analysis and Dramaturgy Model
Languages of publication
Technology advancement has seemingly made the world smaller, especially with the existence of tools such as a cell phone. Along with this development, new method of marketing and promotion has been formed. One of these strategies is the use of micro cinema. After suffiient background study on the factors that seemed to affect the effectiveness of micro cinema, these factors were then used to study the response by Taiwanese students and a working group as well as the working group from Mainland China. Responses obtained from all groups were then analyzed using grey relational analysis (GRA) and then further analyzed using the modifid dramaturgy model by Grove et al. (1992). The result obtained can be used to represent the important factors in micro cinema affecting each group.
- Baldwin, H. (1997), How to Create Effective TV Commercials, Natl Textbook Co Trade.
- Bayles, E.M. (2002), Designing online banner advertisements: Should we animate? Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, pp. 363–366. Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA.
- Chen, A. (2012), “Are you making micro-fim, or pseudo-movies?”, Yahoo Digital Marketing Column, available at: http://tw.marketing.campaign.yahoo.net/emarketing/contentF4.php?m
- ain=A01&sub=B02&tri=&literary=482 (accessed: 15 October 2012).
- Chen, C. (2013), “Constructing the perspective of micro-fim advertising and marketing in emotional appeal”, Modern Business, vol. 5, pp. 55–56.
- Chen, H. (2002), “Summary of Goffman’s dramaturgy model theoretical concepts”, Network Communication Sociology Journals, vol. 20, available at: http://mail.nhu.edu.tw/~society/e-j/20/20-14.htm
- Chen, X., Huang, X., and Tan, X. (2010), “Polar grey relational analysis on sexual satisfaction and hemoglobin in essential hypertensive patients”, Journal of Grey System, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 89–96.
- Chen, J.H., Chang, T.T., and Ho, C.R. (2014), “Grey relational analysis and neural network forecasting of REIT returns”, Quantitative Finance, vol. 14, no. 11, pp. 2033–2044.
- Chiu, W.Y., Tzeng, G.H., and Li, H.L. (2014), “Developing e-store marketing strategies to satisfy customers’ needs using a new hybrid gray relational model”, International Journal of Information Technology & Decision Making, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 231–261.
- Cline, T.W., and Kellaris, J.J. (2007), “The inflence of humor strength and humor. Message relatedness on ad memorability”, Journal of Advertising, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 55–67.
- Cline, T.W., Altsech, M.B., and Kellaris, J.J. (2003). “When does humor enhance or inhibit ad responses?: The moderating role of the need for humor”, Journal of Advertising, vol. 32, pp. 31–46.
- Daniel, R.D. (1961), “Management information crisis”, Harvard Business Review, vol. 39, pp. 111–121.
- Deng, J. (1989), “Introduction to grey system”, The Journal of Grey System, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 1–24.
- Deng, J. (2000), Grey System Theory and Applications, Gaoli books, New Taipei City.
- Erdogan, B.Z., Baker, M.J., and Tagg, S. (2001), “Selecting celebrity endorsers: The practitioner’s perspective”, Journal of Advertising Research, vol. 41, pp. 39–48.
- Goffman, E. (1959), The Presentation of Self in Everyday Life, Doubleday, Anchor Books, New York.
- Grove, S.J. and Fisk, R.P. (1989), “Impression Management in Services Marketing: A Dramaturgical Perspective. Impression Management in the Organization”, in: R.A. Giacalone, P. Rosenfeld (eds.), Impression Management in the Organization, Erlbaum, Hillsdale, NJ., pp. 427–483.
- Grove, S.J., Fisk, R.P., and Bitner, M.J. (1992), “Dramatizing the service experience: A managerial approach”, Advances in Services Marketing and Management, vol. 1, pp. 91–121.
- Ho, C.W. (2013), “A study of video production applied in the strategy of marketing communication – taking real estate advertising images as an example”, Fu Hsing Kang Academic Journal, vol. 103, pp. 83–115.
- Hsu, L.-C., Ou, S.L., and Ou, Y.C. (2015), “A comprehensive performance evaluation and ranking methodology under a sustainable development perspective”, Journal of Business Economics and Management, vol. l6, no. 1, pp. 74–92.
- Hu, J. (2014), “Micro-fim marketing – telling a good story about your brand”, Journal of Southwest Jiaotong University, vol. 2, pp. 52–56.
- Hu, G.S., and Chen, C.M. (2013), “A preliminary study of the application of micro-fim in military marketing communication”, Fu Hsing Kang Academic Journal, vol. 103, pp. 1–23.
- Huang, J. and Liao, R. (2012), “Use of Data Envelopment and Gray Relational Analysis to Measure the Performance of the Electronic Tags”, Quality Technology, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 137–156.
- Kang, C. (2012), “Discussion on the development of micro-film advertisement”, Press, vol. 15, pp. 45–49.
- Kuo, M.H. (2016), “Analysis of practice and study on micro-film marketing for China’s Library”, New Century Library, vol. 06, pp. 33–36.
- Lee, S. (2012), “Case analysis of micro-fim advertisement model using micro-fim for automobile brand”, Today’s Media, vol. 9.
- Liao, G., Huang, B., Yang, J., Jiang, F., Ouyang, Q., and Chen, N. (2014), “Does micro-fim story advertisement is better than TV advertisement? – comparison done using their effect on target products”, Integrated Textile Research Journal, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 44–55.
- Lin, Y. (2013), “Alluring smile – discussing the degree of grasp on the business value of micro-fim advertising”, Movie Review, vol. 6, pp. 73–74.
- Liou, D. (2012). “Public micro fim: Transformation of »Creative Offier Advertising« – discussed from »Love Legend«”, New Film, vol. 2, pp. 6–8.
- Liou, S. (2013), “Analysis and Dissemination of Results of Micro-fim Related Factors”, Xihua University Report, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 27–31.
- List of popular micro-fim on YouTube, available at: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYrtOyPOOjPLyFZ7OatHHkSjV1S_PvOcO (accessed: 5 December 2012).
- Liu, M.H., and Tsai, D.R. (2012), “The advantages and inflence of micro cinema marketing”, Brain Communications, available at: https://www.brain.com.tw/news/articlecontent?ID=17973 (accessed: 20 January 2018).
- McCarty, J.A. (2004), “Product placement: The nature of the practice and potential avenues of inquiry”, in: L.J. Shrum (ed.), The Psychology of Entertainment Media, Taylor and Francis Group, NY, pp. 45–61.
- Orth, U.R., and Oppenheim, P.P. (2005), Measuring message framing effects across Europe, Journal of Targeting, Measurement and Analysis for Marketing, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 313–326.
- Otto, J.E., and Ritchie, J.R.B. (1996), “The service experience in tourism”, Tourism Management, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 165–174.
- Pai, J., and Lu, H. (2012), “Marketing of micro-fim advertisement”, News Junkies, vol. 10, pp. 69–71.
- Qu, W. (2013), “Reflecting the position and psychological status of micro fim in the future market of film and television”, Life of Music, vol. 4, pp. 85–87.
- Radstone, S. (2010), “Cinema and Memory”, in: S. Radstone, B. Schwarz (eds.), Memory. Histories, Theories, Debates, Fordham University Press, New York, pp. 325–343.
- Wikipedia (2017), Microcinema, available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microcinema (accessed: 17 January 2017).
- Wu, P.H. (2017), “Strategies of micro fim marketing by brand culture communication in the era of new media”, Heihe Academic Journal, vol. 10, pp. 50–51.
- Zhang, E. (2011), “Determining factors to explore the relevance between volleyball game scores and achievements using grey relational analysis”, Physical Education, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 55–64.
- Zhang, H. (2012), “Business opportunities in storytelling – micro-film marketing – appeal to your heart”, Trade Magazines, vol. 252, pp. 34–37.
- Zhu, J. (2011), Research on the new media age of micro-film advertising and marketing, Master’s thesis, Anhui University, Anhui Province, China.
Publication order reference