Competency-Based Approach in Differentiated Instruction of English for Specific Purposes to it-Students
Languages of publication
The article considers the competency-based approach in differentiated instruction of English for specific purposes at university level. It also outlines professional communicative foreign lan-guage competence and interdisciplinary competence for successful differentiated instruction of English for specific purposes to information technology students of universities.
- Doctor of Philosophy, assistant professor of Department of English for Engineering, Faculty of Linguistics, National Technical University of Ukraine “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute”, Ukraine
- Definition and Selection of Competencies: Theoretical and Conceptual Foundations (DeSeCo). (2001). DeSeCo Background Paper.
- Competency Models for Enterprise Security and Cybersecurity. Research-Based Frameworks for Talent Solutions. (2015). Apollo Education Group. University of Phoenix.
- Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment. (2001). Language Policy Unit, Strasbourg.
- Cooley, R.E., Deborah, A.R. (1984). A Conceptual Framework, in Competence in Communication: A Multidisciplinary Approach, ed. Robert N. Bostrom. Beverly Hills, CA: Sage.
- Dugas, D.W., DesRosiers, R.T. (2010). Speaking by Speaking. Skills for Social Competence. Com-pass Publishing.
- English for Specific Purposes (ESP). National Curriculum for Universities. (2005). Kyiv. British Council, Ukraine.
- Kirjazovaite, L. (2009). Reflections Based on Ideas from Intercultural Competence. Round Table. Rome, Italy.
- Nikolaeva, S.Y. (red.) (2013). Methods of Teaching Foreign Languages and Cultures: Theory and Practice: a Textbook for Students. Classical, Pedagogical and Linguistic Universities. Kyiv: Lenvit.
- Pometun, O.I. (2004). Discussion of Ukrainian Teachers around Introduction Issues of Competence- -based Approach in Ukrainian Education. Competence-based Approach in Modern Education: World Experience and Ukrainian Perspectives. Kyiv, 64–70.
- Rickheit, G., Strohner H., Vorwerg C. (2008). Handbook of Communication Competence. Ed. G. Rickheit, H. Strohner, Mouton de Gruyter, Berlin, New York.
- Terminology of European Education and Training Policy. A Selection of 130 Key Terms (2014). Luxembourg: Publications office of the European union.
- Zeer, J., Symanjuk, J. (2004). Competence-based Approach to the Modernization of Vocational Education. Higher Education in Russia, 4, 23–30.
Publication order reference